2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE GM closed the plant in Dallas (that makes the trucks) for 9 weeks. Clean Lade. Any ...
    jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE View Post
    GM closed the plant in Dallas (that makes the trucks) for 9 weeks.
    Clean Lade. Any pictures of the full Lade?

Ronin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE View Post
    GM closed the plant in Dallas (that makes the trucks) for 9 weeks.
    Parts are NOT going to all of sudden dry-up overnight, or 9 weeks for that matter. The trucks are assembled there, but it's more likely than not that the lights are made by a vendor under contract somewhere else, and unless they're closing too I wouldn't worry about it...

HUNGLOWE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Parts are NOT going to all of sudden dry-up overnight, or 9 weeks for that matter. The trucks are assembled there, but it's more likely than not that the lights are made by a vendor under contract somewhere else, and unless they're closing too I wouldn't worry about it...
    Stop making the truck for nine weeks and might drop the lights due to cost. The sky is falling.

flyingfortress1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

First of all, Hello to all.

I am a newbie to this site and recently got a good deal on an 08 Escalade EXT. I want to upgrade my HID headlamps from HID's to LED's but still have a few questions regarding the matter. I have read most if not all the posts on this site but all my questions have not been answered.

1) In detail can someone explain to me how to remove the HID headlights without breaking anything, either with pics or videos? I have searched everywhere but the explanation is not detailed enough.

2) I explained to my local dealer what it was that I was doing and he explained to me that it is very similar to plug and play where nothing except the new headlight is needed. However, I have seen on this site that another pigtail is needed between what is on the car going to the headlamp. I need clarification on this as I don't want to pull out the headlamp only to find out that I need something else. Maybe a GM part number for this other harness would help.

3) Do the new assemblies need to be aimed properly so that they don't blind oncoming drivers or is that some jig that stays with the vehicle?

Any and all feedback are welcome.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

Question Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

I am looking at replacing the front of my 2008 EXT with a 2009 Platinum edition front end (grills, bumper, LED lights, etc) and my local dealer would like to know the name of any dealer who has made this conversion so they can discuss it with them and give me a more accurate estimate to do the conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the number of the guy I bought the lights and bumper from.

214-556-7733

I'm sure he can help you out.

Thanks for the information. I talked to him this afternoon after I had gotten the parts lists from a Cadillac dealer showing all the different parts required. The cost I got from dealer was about $3900 for parts alone. According to what I have found out from him there is also a slight difference in the wheel well plastics and the cover that goes over the radiator area and that was not included in the dealer list. Apparantly it is an easy install and takes only a couple of hours being really careful... Unfortunately (or Fortunately because I like it) my ext is Sonoma red and the bumper area would have to be repainted first. Am going down to the local dealer tomorrow and inquire about painting. No longer worried about install issues. If I get a whole clip I wounder what I could sell my standard 2008 EXT front clip and headlights for to the Avalanche guys. Any guesses.

Thumbs up Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

Can you give us a break down of what the parts cost?

25999509 headlamp list 1592.13
    25999510 headlamp list 1592.13
    25957701 grill list 536.00
    25957702 grill list 251.55
    25975452 fascia list 495.75
    25981130 molding list 123.53
    15937883 harness list 137.95
    15907627 deflector list 98.52
    15907623 support list 83.66
    15907625 filler list 49.85
    15907626 filler list 49.85

not included but different:
    Upper radiator support/cover UNK
    left and right wheel well plastics was told less than 30 apiece

The rest comes from the regular front but I suspect the cad emblem may not be on the grill and the front license hold is different as well. The deflector above (I think) is the longer chrome piece for the hood. I am sure someone could figure out a way to get a break off list price. I am under unique conditions because my selling dealership banged my front bumper before he sold it to me, did a poor repair job, and did not disclose it. I have the additional problem of paint being cut/chipped around ALL the door window frames and it is being called a factory issue requiring the doors to be repainted under warranty....Not really happy about all this and trying to find a way to compensate for my time and grief....Both dealer and GM issues add up to repainting of eight panels...IMHO don't think it will ever match up right particularly in the long run. Trying to get them to repaint or replace whole truck but meeting finger pointing and no red replacement vehicle in the system so am looking at other alternatives that might make me less irate.

The harness number is in my previous post...in the estimate I got from the dealer they list aligning of fog and headlights as labor and my understanding of the LED lights are they must be aligned carefully because each array has led aimed at a different part of the roadway ahead. Don't know the procedure. Supposedly the harness plugs into the regular harness somewhere in the left fender area. Sorry I can't be more helpful. The lights should just bolt in but will not work without harness or hand wiring. Most of those other parts are to accommodate the Platinum front and grills.

I do have the upper and lower grill if anyone neededs it. Brand new never used. I replaced it with the STRUT grill.

Hunglowe, It appears I cannot pm you. What do you want for the grills and do you have the matching hood chrome?

I will take $400 for both. New never used. Not sure why you can not PM me.

Hunglowe, this is what I get:

Due to large amounts of spam, you must meet certain requirements before you can use our Private Messaging system. You must either be a member for a specific amount of time, have a specific amount of messages posted, or a combination of both.

You may, however, send Private Messages to our staff...

The Team

Tried to do both a visitor message and a PM.

I have been PM here before guess the internet gods don't want me to get them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.