2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I did not like the stock HID's. I took them out as soon as I bought the Escalade and Put ...
    HUNGLOWE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

I did not like the stock HID's. I took them out as soon as I bought the Escalade and Put in an aftermarket Kit better color and Brighter. Now I have sold Both sets and just about coverd the new LED's. I don't think Cadillac they would spend all that time and money to make a dimmer headlight.

Roger_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by kses123 View Post
    They look cool....but your factory bi-xenon lights are brighter just so you know. These may be revolutionary since they have leds...but they are first generation and about as bright as standard halogen lights! Just an fyi to those thinking they want to spend all that money on these lights!
    Just wondering, have you seen both the LED headlights and the HIDs side by side ? Or are you just saying this based on previous LED lighting systems ?

I've seen a couple of platinum escalades driving at night, and they seemed just as bright as my HIDs.

I dont know too much about LED tech, but I dont think Cadillac would be putting these lights on what's supposed to be their top of the line SUV if they didn't provide some sort of improvement.

Also Audi has recently added all LED headlights to the R8. Thats a 100K+ car, and I REALLY doubt audi would be resorting to gimmicks on what is currently their cream of the crop car.

kses123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Taken straight from the Hella website:

Recent technological advances allowed Hella to incorporate the LEDs into the headlamps, said Daniel Veitner, Hella's vice president of marketing. "Red LEDs have been around for 20 or 30 years, but only recently have we been able to ramp up the brightness," he said in an interview with the Detroit News. "By 2010, we should have LED lights that can burn brighter than (high-intensity discharge) lights today."

And wikipedia:

The LED headlamp supplied by Hella for the 2009 Escalade Platinum is the first U.S. market headlamp with both a LED low and high beam. Present designs give performance between halogen and HID headlamps, with system power consumption slightly higher than halogen headlamps. These lamps currently require large packaging and a large number of the most powerful LED emitters available. As LED technology continues to evolve, the performance of LED headlamps is predicted to improve to approach, meet, and perhaps one day surpass that of HID headlamps.

Hella senior project engineer, from LedInside article:

Hetz said that HID lights generally have greater output than LEDs, so the engineers had to work carefully to aim the light where it is needed. Hetz noted the Escalade Platinum's system puts out about 730 lumens set on low beams and 1,000 on high beams. Typical HID systems produce 830/1,200 lumens and halogens are typically 400/600.

murphy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by kses123 View Post
    Taken straight from the Hella website:

Recent technological advances allowed Hella to incorporate the LEDs into the headlamps, said Daniel Veitner, Hella's vice president of marketing. "Red LEDs have been around for 20 or 30 years, but only recently have we been able to ramp up the brightness," he said in an interview with the Detroit News. "By 2010, we should have LED lights that can burn brighter than (high-intensity discharge) lights today."

And wikipedia:

The LED headlamp supplied by Hella for the 2009 Escalade Platinum is the first U.S. market headlamp with both a LED low and high beam. Present designs give performance between halogen and HID headlamps, with system power consumption slightly higher than halogen headlamps. These lamps currently require large packaging and a large number of the most powerful LED emitters available. As LED technology continues to evolve, the performance of LED headlamps is predicted to improve to approach, meet, and perhaps one day surpass that of HID headlamps.

Hella senior project engineer, from LedInside article:

Hetz said that HID lights generally have greater output than LEDs, so the engineers had to work carefully to aim the light where it is needed. Hetz noted the Escalade Platinum's system puts out about 730 lumens set on low beams and 1,000 on high beams. Typical HID systems produce 830/1,200 lumens and halogens are typically 400/600.
    Good info..thanks

Went to a show the other day and had a ton of people ask me about them. Even in the daylight you can not look right into them, they are so bright.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Had a customer over last night with a new Platinum that replaced his standard 08' Escalade, he claims the new LED lights were not as bright as his old Escalade's HID's, they looked pretty bright to me, but I did not drive it.

Guess that is a good thing. So much time and work were into making very cool looking lights and All this negitive talk. You enjoy the old style lights and I will enjoy mine.

I have posted to 3 diffrent fourms of cars I have and always get the great Negative welcome.

Thanks for all the comments and Enjoy the site.

kses123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE View Post
    Guess that is a good thing. So much time and work were into making very cool looking lights and All this negitive talk. You enjoy the old style lights and I will enjoy mine.

I have posted to 3 diffrent fourms of cars I have and always get the great Negative welcome.

Thanks for all the comments and Enjoy the site.

I wasn't being negative about the headlights. I was being realistic. I think it's great what they've done with them. They look awesome, and a lot of time, money and effort went in to producing these. I simply was saying that people should run out and spend $2000 on headlights that they think are brighter and better, because they are not. They look great! If you want to change your lights for the look, then by all means. Go get them. But don't waste your money on lights that you think will perform better. That is all. Again, not being negative!

MyBabyTheCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE View Post
    I did not like the stock HID's. I took them out as soon as I bought the Escalade and Put in an aftermarket Kit better color and Brighter. Now I have sold Both sets and just about coverd the new LED's. I don't think Cadillac they would spend all that time and money to make a dimmer headlight.
    hunglowe,

my question is how did u manage to get hold of and install a platinum grille on a regular escalade? looking into doing that myself. LOVE that grill

thanks for the info

Quicksilver08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyTheCaddy View Post
    hunglowe,

my question is how did u manage to get hold of and install a platinum grille on a regular escalade? looking into doing that myself. LOVE that grill

thanks for the info
    thats what im wondering too, i want it!

escaladenut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Same here; Would love to find out where to get the platinum grill and the grill insert under the bumper. thanks.

lactruck81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm in the process of doing the same thing he did. I got the bumper and grill inserts and the headlights are on the way. Even if the lights are a little less bright it's worth it for the way they look. Should be done in about 2 days.

MyBabyTheCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

lactruck,

Your caddy is gonna look amazing with that grill. But you have to let out the secret. Where can we buy the platinum grill and bumper inserts, and how much?
    thanks for the info

lactruck81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The truck looks sick, the headlights look nasy. Wow. I don't care what anyone says about the headlights, they are ridiculous. From what I can tell they are just as bright. I've had my truck for 2 and half years. I know how they lit up the road, and these do just as good a job. I also got the bezel that has the heated and cooled cup holders, put it in but haven't wired it yet. I got all the parts from a dealership other than the headlights. Bumper and grill inserts just parts were close to $2,000. Total job done was just under $6,000, with the headlights. I feel like I got a new truck. For those of you who were talkin shit about the lights, don't hate.

Talking Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by lactruck81 View Post
    The truck looks sick, the headlights look nasy. Wow. I don't care what anyone says about the headlights, they are ridiculous. From what I can tell they are just as bright. I've had my truck for 2 and half years. I know how they lit up the road, and these do just as good a job. I also got the bezel that has the heated and cooled cup holders, put it in but haven't wired it yet. I got all the parts from a dealership other than the headlights. Bumper and grill inserts just parts were close to $2,000. Total job done was just under $6,000, with the headlights. I feel like I got a new truck. For those of you who were talkin shit about the lights, don't hate.
    I feel the same way, I have a New Truck now, I did put the Strut grill in also. I would buy some now as parts might not be there with GM like it is. He is also selling the front bumper grilll with lights at a GREAT deal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.