Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: SMM PERFORMANCE (Scott McKinney)

mkim1120 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SMM PERFORMANCE (Scott McKinney)

Please be advised!
    This individual has taken advantage of many.

I contacted Scott McKinney last week on purchasing K2 LED Tail lights.
    Initially there was a great stream of communication between the two.
    I sent the request for a USPS money order with express delivery due to the fact that I wanted to get these tail lights installed as quickly as possible.

As soon as I stated that the money was sent out the communication ceased to a response every other day versus immediate responses prior to payment.
    He advised someone will be looking out for payment and product would be shipped immediately. Days passed and said he finally received payment.
    Upon receiving payment and proceeding my request the item be shipped as quickly as possible, Mr McKinney began ignoring my emails and Instant Messages.
    I began to call his "store phone" which in reality is his personal cell phone.
    Half the time i receive his automated voice mail box and the other is met with sexual moans.
    A week has passed and today he says he shipped the product and then canceled my shipment due to him not wanting to do business with people such as myself.
    Mr McKinney stated that he will refund my money order and advised I take my business elsewhere.
    This afternoon I googled 'smmperformance' and learned many have been burned by this individual.
    Many have been promised of refunds and have yet to receive any compensation or product.
    Please be advised of this internet criminal
    Resepctfully
    -Moon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: SMM PERFORMANCE (Scott McKinney)

Quote Originally Posted by mkim1120 View Post
    Half the time i receive his automated voice mail box and the other is met with sexual moans.

Some people would pay for that alone I hear. Must be a "busy" guy.

Sorry for making light of your situation, but I could not help myself. That portion struck me as funny. Good luck on getting your funds back.

JWSchmidt3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade

This is a perfect example of why you should use a credit card. Credit cards are guaranteed to protect you in instances like this, even debit cards. If they don't except credit cards, I wouldn't do business with them.

Sorry you had issues, hopefully you get your money back, and lesson learned.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

yep, sounds pretty nigerian to me.

roccos_van is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I believe the guys over at tahoeforum.com have had many issues with this guy as well.

SWRidin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD & 2008 GS350 AWD

That sucks to hear. I seen him on the Tahoe forums when I was over there with my 07 Tahoe. Thanks for the heads up. Internet theives are the same as the slime that break into our vehicles.

mpsracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello All,

I am Beth with mpsracing.com. I have never posted in a forum but feel compelled to do so now. We too are having problems with Scott McKinney. We are on the other side though. We are a vendor he lists on his website. He ordered product, paid via credit card, received said product, and proceeded to chargeback his credit card charge. We have multiple emails from him ranging from promising to resolve the matter to threatening us. Surprise, surprise! I am just sorry so many consumers have had bad Internet commerce experiences with this guy. As you know most of us in the motorsports industry are honest and trustworthy.

TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Thanks for posting Beth. Vendors get burned even more (more $$ volume) from folks like this.

It's always best to use google to check someone out.

It only took me a few seconds to find this:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...987.htm#307314

This thread is 11 pages long:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=106073

As stated above, always use a credit card.
    Last edited by roccos_van; 07-15-08 at 02:45 PM.

Thirdyfivepickup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

FYI...

Valparaiso Man Charged With eBay Fraud

VALPARAISO-- Scott McKinney, 20, a Valparaiso man accused of committing theft in the virtual marketplace of eBay, has a court date set in the real world.
    McKinney, of the 800 block of Mirmar Drive, is scheduled to face two charges of fraud, a charge of theft and a charge of identity deception in a Dec. 8 trial. He faces up to 20 years if convicted of all crimes.

One fraud charge and the theft charge come from him not making good on merchandise he sold on eBay between Jan. 22 and Feb. 19, according to court records.

Police found out about it after the roommate received a bill in April from PayPal's collection agency for $3,749, the amount the Internet payment company had to refund to McKinney's customers.

McKinney allegedly set up a PayPal account using his roommate's identity information, but the money from 11 of 12 transactions was directed into McKinney's own bank account.

Of those transactions, nine didn't receive merchandise as of June 25.

The second fraud charge and the identity deception come from an incident where he used the credit card information of a Delaware man.

McKinney is in Porter County Jail on $2,500 bond.

Copyright 2008 STNG Wire, The Chicago Sun-Times. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

This is only the beginning of it. I can't believe he is still selling and still scamming people. Hopefully you can get this resolved... but it looks like it might be in the court of law.

That's good to read; but unfortunately for every 1 Scott McKinney they catch there are 1000's more that pop up...

The best advise is make sure you do your due diligence!!!

al103178 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im from billetanything.com Scott had ordered some stuff from us with a credit card and then did a chargeback it was only for like $400 but what a homo after he gets out of jail he calls us to get our address stating he is going to send th emoney . HAAA lol gues waht we got in the mail. A bankcruptcy notice Take a look oh by the way his social security number is on that hope no one uses it thats if it is any good LOL SCUMBAG

CharlieC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade

Actually, using a USPS Money Order is probably second to using your credit card... You can get the US Post Office Feds after him now for something pretty nasty, I forget if it's Wire Fraud/Postal Fraud, something like that... not pleasant.

Go talk to the Postmaster at your local Post Office and see what he tells you. Hopefully you kept your receipt for the MO and your postage. If the guy cashes your MO, you've got him. I've never filed a complaint that way myself, but have heard of others doing it, which is why the USPS Money Order is one of the safer ways of paying and having some recourse.

Charlie

fear1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    Actually, using a USPS Money Order is probably second to using your credit card... You can get the US Post Office Feds after him now for something pretty nasty, I forget if it's Wire Fraud/Postal Fraud, something like that... not pleasant.

Go talk to the Postmaster at your local Post Office and see what he tells you. Hopefully you kept your receipt for the MO and your postage. If the guy cashes your MO, you've got him. I've never filed a complaint that way myself, but have heard of others doing it, which is why the USPS Money Order is one of the safer ways of paying and having some recourse.

Charlie
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe that it becomes a Federal Offense when defrauding a Postal MO.