Rough Idle 2007 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Rough Idle 2007 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi guys. I have a 2007 Escalade that having a noticeable rough idle, both in park and drive. The driver ...
    David999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rough Idle 2007 Escalade

Hi guys. I have a 2007 Escalade that having a noticeable rough idle, both in park and drive. The driver and passenger seats occassionally vibrate - it seems intermittant and worse at certain times. Another escalade I drove has a nice idle and definately doesn't vibrate or chug like this one. A few weeks ago a check engine light came on (P0340 and P0341) and the cam sensor was replaced, but the problem persists and was present before the light came on. With no engine light one now, the dealer is reluctant to do anything, but wait for another light. Help or suggestions...Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jaycough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 esv

Re: Rough Idel 2007 Escalade

i have same and it is annoying

john07slade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2007 SRX

Re: Rough Idle 2007 Escalade

My idle is smooth as silk, to the point you can't tell if the engine is running or not (except for the exhaust note). I certainly wouldn't stand for the dealer waiting for another engine light.

There is definitely something wrong and you deserve better.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Welcome to the Forum. Both of my trucks are very smooth at idle, maybe time for another dealer if you can not get your problem fixed.

roccos_van is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The escalade has a rough idle when 87 octane is used; I use 94 and the idle is fantastic; incredibly smooth.

Palomar9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have no rough idle whatsoever using 89.

dciliberti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

I use 93 and notice the roughness sometimes. This is a high performance engine. A rough idle is ok. my 66 corvette with a 427 ci 425 hp does the same thing

Escalade08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

mine idles noticablly rough in park and drive also and it annoys the hell out of me! I just picked it up from dealer and they said they had to clean out the oil passages in the camshaft sensor. It still idles the same way and they are telling me that nothing is wrong. I use premium gas all the time...should i put better spark plugs in it? i have 42K on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Escalade08 View Post
    mine idles noticablly rough in park and drive also and it annoys the hell out of me! I just picked it up from dealer and they said they had to clean out the oil passages in the camshaft sensor. It still idles the same way and they are telling me that nothing is wrong. I use premium gas all the time...should i put better spark plugs in it? i have 42K on it...
    just as more info...they said they had to remove the camshaft sensor because they found code for "camshaft performance" and said the oil passages were clogged not allowing the engine timing to change as needed causing the rough idle. As I said, it still runs exactly the same after they did this.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

On the previous Escalades and on the Northstar, carbon build up was sometimes a culprit for rough idle and the dealer offered a decarboning service, or you could do it yourself. I don't know if that affects this engine as much or not but I will say this... I certainly hope the idle on these is never as "smooth as silk" and I would imagine people who claim that have never sat in an LS430 when it is running as it is damn near impossible to tell the engine is even running. This is a high performance OHV engine and part of the character of this type of engine is that there will always be a little bit of a lope at idle, just like on the Corvette and the CTS-V. That said, our previous 2007 definitely had more of a rough idle that seemed out of character to me so it should not be so bad as to really get your attention. The one we have now is much smoother, but not anything near LS430 levels, and I like that.

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Have you cleaned your throttle body....a dirty TB can cause rough idling....it should be done once per year...I would think that your dealer confirmed that wires and plugs are fine?????

Also what's your mileage.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My truck had a very rough idle couple of weeks ago. It also had stalling problems. The dealership did an injector cleaning service, throttle body cleaning service, replaced the CAM sensor, and installed a new battery. It never stalled after that, but some of the roughness did go away.

Try cleaning out your throttle body/injectors.

Edit: Some of my spark plugs/wires also failed last week. Replaced them all, and now it idles pretty damn good. They also did another tune up service, so that probably helped, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007caddy View Post
    Also what's your mileage.
    42,XXX miles...I'm going to put in the NGK Iridium plugs in because alot of people say that the factory plugs are junk. My rough idle isn't that bad, just feel a little shake at idle once and a while...its not rough all the time, and has never even come close to stalling. What do you clean the throttle body with? And do you have to take it off the truck?

Use throttle body cleaner (spray) and a toothbrush, you need to remove the throttle body from the vehicle and spray and let it for 5 minutes before you use the brush....make it a yearly task...I have done it on my previous trucks but with the Escalade I have done at the dealer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.