Second battery?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Second battery? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi Do i remember this right? The 2007+ can have a second battery connected? Many Thanks Ashley...
    SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

FAQs and TECH Section

Hi

Do i remember this right? The 2007+ can have a second battery connected?

Many Thanks
    Ashley

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Second battery?

I have the dual battery setup in both 07's, it how the Police Tahoe's come from the factory. These are the parts you will need, one of each, plus a battery.
    25825642 Cable
    15888242 F Cable
    14005061 Retainer
    11509853 Screw

These parts should cost you about $116.00, it looks stock and you will should never have another battery issue. I have schematics but you can not really see much, e-mail me at carl@hcvind.com and I will send them to you

403HP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    I have the dual battery setup in both 07's, it how the Police Tahoe's come from the factory. These are the parts you will need, one of each, plus a battery.
    25825642 Cable
    15888242 F Cable
    14005061 Retainer
    11509853 Screw

These parts should cost you about $116.00, it looks stock and you will should never have another battery issue. I have schematics but you can not really see much, e-mail me at carl@hcvind.com and I will send them to you
    Are these GM part numbers?

I sort of assumed they where GM part numbers....

Many Thanks
    Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by 403HP View Post
    Are these GM part numbers?
    Yes they are, got them from my Chevy dealer.

How long did it take you to fit?

I assume there are harness support points on the chassic already?

Does the standard alternator handle the extra charging needs? also the alternator lead not need to be upped due to the new second battery?

Many Thanks
    Ashley

The alternator does not get touched, the positive cable supports are there on the cross member (2) if I remember correctly, the negitive cable attaches to the bolt on the bracket below the alternator. It took about an hour total on a lift, the postitve cable connects to the starter. Not any problems in over a year, I also have 4 wax customers that have the same setup without any problems.

LFTW8S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)

The alternator does not get touched, the positive cable supports are there on the cross member (2) if I remember correctly, the negitive cable attaches to the bolt on the bracket below the alternator. It took about an hour total on a lift, the postitve cable connects to the starter. Not any problems in over a year, I also have 4 wax customers that have the same setup without any problems.
    I really want to get this set-up but have a question. how does the new batter stay charged if it does not connect to the altenator?

Thanks in advance.

I was told that the second battery will stay charged by the first battery, they are connected at the starter, this is the same setup that the Police Tahoe's use. I just checked both batteries in both trucks, they are the same voltage with in .01.

medlines is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Today my battery died on me at the car wash. can you imagine the feeling. The truck shiny and crystal clean, everybody was looking at the truck amazed, the guy there tells me the truck is ready, I turn the ignition on and OOOPs nothing happens.
    then a small Romanian old made car called DACIA with a 1.3 litre engine jump start my Truck , can you imagine the humility, man. after jump starting the truck the engine light stayed ON, till after I changed the battery . Now it is off.
    The I went to service shop that sells american parts to change the battery, when I was waiting there to have the battery installed, another 07 drove in to the shop to have the brake pads changed, some noise was coming out hie rear wheels.
    Sorry if I am getting off the subject here, but this was a complete surprise for me.
    when the technician took the rear wheel pads off, the right rear wheel inside pad was totaly worn and got to the metal and took a bit of the thikness of the disk, the rest of the pads were half life. the guy had only 17,000 miles on that truck , how come that only pad was totaly worn out ????
    Any how changed the battery and kept the old one to have the second battery installation done.

Palomar9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Don't feel bad. I'd say at least half of all surprise breakdowns I've ever had were due to battery failure. It's to the point where anything whatsoever starts acting strange with a vehicle, I check the battery first. Installing a new battery is about the cheapest thing you can fix on a vehicle yourself. If that does the trick, you got off easy!!

Sounds like one pad was hanging up and caused it to wear out sooner, I hoped they checked the caliper to make surte it was not bent and causing the problem

spankyca is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by medlines View Post
    Today my battery died on me at the car wash. can you imagine the feeling. The truck shiny and crystal clean, everybody was looking at the truck amazed, the guy there tells me the truck is ready, I turn the ignition on and OOOPs nothing happens.
    then a small Romanian old made car called DACIA with a 1.3 litre engine jump start my Truck , can you imagine the humility, man. after jump starting the truck the engine light stayed ON, till after I changed the battery . Now it is off.
    The I went to service shop that sells american parts to change the battery, when I was waiting there to have the battery installed, another 07 drove in to the shop to have the brake pads changed, some noise was coming out hie rear wheels.
    Sorry if I am getting off the subject here, but this was a complete surprise for me.
    when the technician took the rear wheel pads off, the right rear wheel inside pad was totaly worn and got to the metal and took a bit of the thikness of the disk, the rest of the pads were half life. the guy had only 17,000 miles on that truck , how come that only pad was totaly worn out ????
    Any how changed the battery and kept the old one to have the second battery installation done.
    Out of curiosity but how come you did not go to the dealer for a new battery since the battery is covered by the factory warranty?

Sounds like one pad was hanging up and caused it to wear out sooner, I hoped they checked the caliper to make surte it was not bent and causing the problem
    RED RUBBER GREASE there then

good for all floating parts of a caliper, i know, in the UK go throw caliper parts like there bear metal due to corrosion.

Me

Quote Originally Posted by spankyca View Post
    Out of curiosity but how come you did not go to the dealer for a new battery since the battery is covered by the factory warranty?
    AND i wouldnt be installing the dead battery as a second, will overheat the first one.
    Andrew224 and Cadillacman916 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.