Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post pics of non-chrome aftermarket wheels

19K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  QDAWG24 
#1 ·
In market for a new suv to replace my current DD(jeep commander). Looking at both escalade and h2 among others. Would like to see what a lowered(not slammed) escalade with non chrome wheels looks like.
Thanks,
BK

#2 ·
hmmm non-chrome wheels on a Escalade hmmmm....isnt that like asking for pics of a Civic without a modified exhaust on a Honda forum? Besides I think it specifically states in the manuel that all wheels on Escalades must be chrome

OK kidding aside, im with you...that would be nice a slight drop in the rear to level things out and then a nice set of non-chrome wheels

Having said that I just put new wheels on our ESV yesterday...chrome of course, they had to be chrome I mean its a Cadi right?

#3 ·
Haha nothing against chrome, i just want to see different options. I am thinking of either white or black escalade so was thinking either brushed or some kind of gun metal. I already have anthracite on my porsche so do not want to go with black rims either.

#12 ·
ohh man i got my truck in mid of 06 and had to make my own kit. i used 2"drop spindles 1"drop springs for the front and 5"drop springs in the rear with all the correct relocation brackets for the shocks and trailing arms. I still use my stock front and rear air ride. The ride kinda sucks but i don't mind, my wife does though so im going to be redoing it this week.
Im putting the stock front springs in but im going to cut them a bit to still get that 1" drop out of them, that way the ride quality will be much better and for the rear im going to replace the rear springs with air bags and keep the air shocks. That set up should give me a factory ride. 26"will are of course a bit noisy but i love the look.

#15 ·
dang i dont know if i would actually go with cutting the springs cause the stocks were not built to handle cut springs. the way that the springs are built are to evenly distribute the weight so when you cut them, youll end up throwing everything off. someone correct me if im wrong, i dont want to sound stupid. but yea, ive heard some bad stories about when you cut them, youll flop around like a dead fish and rub like mad.

#26 ·
Tattoo do you rub at all? I have 26" on my Lac and I'm thinking about going down to the 24" lexani Johnson II. I don't want to downsize if the ride is not going to be that big of an improvement, plus I am adding the color matched splash guards and get the right tire size to not rub. Good looking truck btw.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.