Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any SRX and Escalade owners, come inside

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  hcvone 
#1 ·
I have two SRX's (2006 & 2007) and two Escalade's (2007) my SRX's paint is 1 million times better looking with much less orange peel than my Escalade's, I also have been to 6 Caddy dealers to see the difference of the paint jobs on the car lots, and the SRX's are better by far. Anyone else want to comment.

#3 ·
I did not notice any orange peel on my 06 SRX ( Diamond White). None, on my 07 Lade either (Silver).

I will note though that body panels on the Lade seem thinner/cheaper than the SRX. Also, panels appear almost wavy in large expanses on the sides of the Lade in certain light. Maybe that contributes to the orange peel effect in certain colors (ie. SRX is working with higher quality panels from the start??).

#5 ·
I have a few 07's owners with black Escalade's and thier orange peel is so bad the paint feels rough on the worst areas which are the front fenders. Dark blue is pretty much the same, already told my dealer that when I order an 09' platinum model if it looks like my 07's they can keep it. I guess the Escalade's are being painted with a rough roller these days, I fould a few good ones on the dealers lots, but 90% of them are not good. :(

#7 ·
It does appear worse with darker colors, and of course in the direct sunlight the paint looks great, but look down the side on a cloudy day, or in your garage with the garage door open. My two SRX's look like they were painted by Ferrari, and my two Escalade's were painted with a paint roller, my SRX's are diamond white and silver, and yes my two Escalade's are diamond white. :banghead:

#8 ·
Carl, you are correct. I looked closely and the Escalade has some orange peel to it, certainly not the awesome paint on the SRX. It doesn't look obvious in Silver unless you're really looking for it, so perhaps mine isn't as bad as yours. I'm considering having mine painted anyway as the Silver really isn't doing anything for me. I didn't have a lot of choice with year end selection. Maybe I'll have some fun with it.

#9 ·
All the Cadillacs made in the Lansing Grand River, MI plant (home of the SRX, STS, CTS) have way better plant than those made in Arlington, Texas or Mexico.

#12 ·
Just saw this post and decided to chime in. I just sold my SRX when I was home on vacation in November. You guys are right in that the SRX has great paint.(Black 05) My 07 EXT(black) paint is pretty good but It just isn't as good as the SRX. I really first noticed the difference when I had both of them detailed(claybar etc) and the SRX looked better than the new EXT. I couldn't have that so I got rid of the SRX(wife's) and now my truck looks good again!

RLTW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.