following order: driver’s side front tire, passengers
side front tire, passengers side rear tire, and
driver’s side rear tire using a TPMS diagnostic
tool. See your GM dealer for service.
The TPMS sensors may also be matched to each
tire/wheel position by increasing or decreasing
the tire’s air pressure. If increasing the tire’s
air pressure, do not exceed the maximum inflation
pressure indicated on the tire’s sidewall.
You will have two minutes to match the first tire/
wheel position, and five minutes overall to match
all four tire/wheel positions. If it takes longer
than two minutes, to match the first tire and wheel,
or more than five minutes to match all four tire
and wheel positions the matching process stops
and you will need to start over.
The TPMS sensor matching process is
outlined below:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to RUN with the
engine off.
3. Using the DIC, press the vehicle information
button until the PRESS
V TO RELEARN
TIRE POSITIONS message displays.
4. Press the set/reset button. The horn will
sound twice to indicate the TPMS receiver
is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE
message will display.
5. Start with the driver’s side front tire.
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve
cap stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by
increasing or decreasing the tire’s air
pressure for five seconds, or until a horn
chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which make
take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms
that the sensor identification code has been
matched to this tire and wheel position.
To decrease air-pressure out of a tire you
can use the pointed end of the valve cap,
a pencil-style air pressure gage, or a key.
7. Proceed to the passenger’s side front tire,
and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
8. Proceed to the passenger’s side rear tire,
and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
9. Proceed to the driver’s side rear tire, and
repeat the procedure in Step 6.
10. After hearing the confirming horn chirp for
the driver’s side rear tire, the horn chirp
will sound two more times to signal the
tire learning mode is no longer active.
Turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
11. Set all four tires to the recommended
air pressure level as indicated on the Tire
and Loading Information label.
12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems
The spare tire does not have a TPMS sensor.
If you replace one of the road tires with the spare,
the SERVICE TIRE MONITOR message will be
displayed on the DIC screen. This message should
go off once you re-install the road tire containing
the TPMS sensor.

See less See more
#5 ·
Just a note. I have an 08 EXT and this did not work.

Instead of using the computer and finding a menu to choose to relearn the sensors I had to do the following

1. Set parking break
2. Turn vehicle to run position, but don't turn car on.
3. Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on car remote at the same time... continue holding for 5 seconds or so until horn honks twice.

4. then start at driver side front tire and let air in or out, and follow rest of the steps above.

Hope this helps someone!

#25 ·
I can confirm that this procedure worked absolutely perfect on my 08 CTS DI AWD. It was very easy and even the turn lights on each side, front and rear indicated on what tire to let some air out. After two honks the front left turn light went on until I released the air for about 3 seconds (valve not fully pressed). The a short honk and the turn light on the next wheel went on. Extremely easy and really fast. It took me longer to remove the caps ;)

#6 ·
This process is not as easy as it sounds. It is a MAJOR pain in the ass. I had to repeat the procedure 4 times to get all 4 tires to reset. It sometimes takes over a minute before the horn chirps to recognize that the tire's air pressure has changed. If that is the case for all 4 tires then you run out of time and have to start over. You can also run out of air pressure if you are releasing air to reset the sensors.
Am I doing something wrong?
Instead of continuing to release or add air to the tire until a tire chirp, should I instead add or release air for 5 or 6 seconds and then wait for the sensor to recognize the change?
I need to do this again because the right rear initially did reset and was recognized but later was not recognized by the sensors.
Help!!!

#8 ·
Hey guys... I did this on my new 08 and it was SUPER easy.

I simply made sure I had at least 40 psi in the tires before starting...

after the horn honked to show me that it was ready to learn, I went to the driver side front tire... used a small screw driver, let out a little bit of air.... HONK, then went to passenger front, let out a little.. HONK, then passeger rear, then driver rear.

I would guess it took maybe 5 - 10 seconds of letting out air with the screw driver to get the honk

after I was done learning all 4, I had a friend sit in the driver seat and watch the pressures.... I then went around to each tire and aired them up until my display inside showed 40.

if the entire process took 5 minutes I would be suprised.

Hopefully this might help.

#9 ·
This process does work on "some" 07's and 08's, it works on one of my two 07's, as posted above if you overfill the tires to start with it goes easier. I wanted to do it faster so I purchased a tool and it works great. You can find them on E-Bay from time to time dirt cheap

http://www.bartecusa.com/

#16 ·
I dont understand the instructions for relearning the TPMS.

On my two 2007 tahoes it works just fine. However, on my 2007 LTZ silverado and now on my late build 07 Escalade it will not work.

It doesnt matter how long, or how much air pressure I increase or decrease the tire by it will not learn/honk the first tire. I wasted an hour last night messing with it. It takes me 2 minutes on my Tahoes.

Anyone else running into this issue? What is the story on the guy who said to hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote?

#18 ·
I did this on my new after market wheels and after i did it, now some of my tires read a lower psi on the dash than it does on the meter shops use to see the actual psi in the tires, has anyone else had this problem? or should i just try the re learning process over again? thanks

#26 ·
It did not work on my 07. I inflated the tires to 40 psi then hit the relearn heard the horn beep twice....went to the drivers side front and started letting air out got down to 24psi with no horn sound.....Any other options before I have to go to the dealer???

#27 ·
Some times the inflate- deflate does not work, it has not worked on 2 of my Escalade's, and has worked on the other 4 of them. Unless you know someone with a reset tool you will need to see the dealer, or a tire shop with a reset tool. Where are you located? I have a reset tool

#30 ·
I got my 07 to relearn the sensors fine, but now everytime I go to start the truck it tells me the check pressure even though they are all the same psi. before never showed "check tire inflation" now all the time, however the orange tire with the exclamation mark is no longer on. Any advice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.