2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn in Cadillac Escalade Forums; image-1857643802.jpg Here's a Pic...
    jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
    image-1857643802.jpg

Here's a Pic
    Txmonkey and Txmonkey like this.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn

Although they're not platinum replicas, they look great on the car!! Congrats on the purchase

Txmonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08' Escalade EXT

My 08' EXT TPMS light stays on. I took it to the dealer and they tried to reset it with there machine but was unable to do so, at least that is what they are saying. The manager of the tire dept. Was the one who checked it and said that it was some type of comp. System in the door that needs to be replaced! I think it's b.s. They did a tire rotation that last time I had an oil change. I think that is when the light started to stay on. Any suggestions. Should I try to do the reset myself?

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Yeah man, you have absolutely nothing to lose. Go for it, you might get lucky and fix it!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Txmonkey View Post
    My 08' EXT TPMS light stays on. I took it to the dealer and they tried to reset it with there machine but was unable to do so, at least that is what they are saying. The manager of the tire dept. Was the one who checked it and said that it was some type of comp. System in the door that needs to be replaced! I think it's b.s. They did a tire rotation that last time I had an oil change. I think that is when the light started to stay on. Any suggestions. Should I try to do the reset myself?
    Txmonkey, please let me know if you would like me to follow up with your dealer on your behalf at any point in time. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucile @gmexpert.com and happy to explore your next steps with you!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

After relearning the positions, each time I start the vehicle its telling me to check tire pressure in each tire. Is there something else I should be doing?

johnpg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Txmonkey View Post
    I had a very similar problem with my dealer. Went in for Oil change/tire rotation, came out with one tire not reading PSI. Asked them to fix and they wanted to charge me $80 for a new sensor. I was like No thanks... Then all 4 didn't did read PSI. So I just said screw it and im not going back. My TPMS light has been on the whole time, kind of annoying cuz everyone always asks me whats wrong with my truck when they get in. I think if I relearn them myself maybe itll go away, so ill give it a shot. Thanks for the info in this thread!

They say not to use fix-a-flat in tires with sensors, but from what Ive read in these forums the newer models dont come with a spare tire, just a repair kit.

Would it do any damage to use it if I decide to get rid of my spare underneath to lighten the load?

Mr ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV
    Doing a relearn will help it. It just may be that they aren't reading the correct psi. I did a relearn on my '07 ESV and it fixed the problem. Now what will happen if you ignore the warning light is your check engine will eventually come on which will in turn cause your remote start to stop working. I found this out the hard way! But a relearn and a new oil change should fix the problem.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Mr ESV View Post
    Doing a relearn will help it. It just may be that they aren't reading the correct psi. I did a relearn on my '07 ESV and it fixed the problem. Now what will happen if you ignore the warning light is your check engine will eventually come on which will in turn cause your remote start to stop working. I found this out the hard way! But a relearn and a new oil change should fix the problem.
    An oil change will fix a TPMS problem !! Wow, you sound like a GM service writer.

Mr ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by the blur

An oil change will fix a TPMS problem !! Wow, you sound like a GM service writer.
    LOL! I didn't mean it like that...that last part sounds very stupid, I apologize! What happened with me is when the check engine light came on as a result of ignoring the TPMS, it remained on even after the correct psi was attained and the TPMS light went off. It turns out that I had another issue with low oil. I mixed the two issues together, I apologize!

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

thinking about getting 24s for my bday in 4 months. Everyone is saying to take the tpms out of the factory rims and put them in the new ones. I dont want to do that. Ill get a 2nd set. The question is do i somehow clone the new sensors or just install and do this process decribed?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz View Post
    thinking about getting 24s for my bday in 4 months. Everyone is saying to take the tpms out of the factory rims and put them in the new ones. I dont want to do that. Ill get a 2nd set. The question is do i somehow clone the new sensors or just install and do this process decribed?
    No you will have to do a relearn when switching back and forth, no big deal.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    No you will have to do a relearn when switching back and forth, no big deal.
    to be clear: i can buy something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Universal-...8685a2&vxp=mtr and have them installed on my potential new wheels then do your re learn hookup and that's it. BOOM! that's it. and if i wanted to use the factory do you re-learn hookup once again?

hcvone- you are helpful than a mofo! Deeply appreciated

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz View Post
    to be clear: i can buy something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Universal-...8685a2&vxp=mtr and have them installed on my potential new wheels then do your re learn hookup and that's it. BOOM! that's it. and if i wanted to use the factory do you re-learn hookup once again?

hcvone- you are helpful than a mofo! Deeply appreciated
    No you want to get real GM sensors like came with the truck, some of the aftermarket ones do not work as well as the stock ones. You want ones like these, should be able to get a set shipped for under 100. Thanks for the kind words

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUICK-CADILL...cd7a7e&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.