2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn in Cadillac Escalade Forums; OweSome OweSome OweSome I have to say THANK YOU for people like you All I had to do is read ...
    ysquare_88@yahoo.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Re: 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn

OweSome OweSome OweSome
    I have to say THANK YOU for people like you
    All I had to do is read hcvone helpful guide and I solved my problems.
    Once your problem now my problem then someelse problem.
    I'M proud to be a part of this forum.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just did my 2011. was fairly simple. no special tool needed. Just do it in order, because I did it out of order, and got them all mixed up. then I did it over. use the key fob, and then excite the sensor by adding air or removing air.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Ok. Is there a trick to this or what? I did this before, and it took 2 or 3 times, tonight i spent almost 2 hours trying to do this. Pumped them all up to 40+, deflated them all to almost flat tried putting the air in, the furthest i got was just the first one done, and that was only like 3 times.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Figured it out. hcvone's instructions are correct, but some people who were having bad luck may have over looked in the instructions. The last time I did it a few months ago, I let air out UNTIL i heard the horn, and it worked. Last night i tried for almost 2.5 hours and it was not working. The problem was, your supposed to let air out, or put air in for 5 to 10 seconds, then stop, and wait for the horn, then move on to the next. This took 2 times and now its re-learned.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deany View Post
    Figured it out. hcvone's instructions are correct, but some people who were having bad luck may have over looked in the instructions. The last time I did it a few months ago, I let air out UNTIL i heard the horn, and it worked. Last night i tried for almost 2.5 hours and it was not working. The problem was, your supposed to let air out, or put air in for 5 to 10 seconds, then stop, and wait for the horn, then move on to the next. This took 2 times and now its re-learned.
    Some sensors react quicker than others, glad you got it to work.

cutterman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

Yes the process can be finicky. What I also learned from doing this multiple times with a 2009 SRX was to drive the car with the new sensors over 30mph to be sure they are activated. Then when you do the relearn make sure the old sensors/tires are no where near the car because they can cause interference.

Quote Originally Posted by hmusic View Post
    Can this be done with aftermarket wheels and tires?
    Yep as long as the sensors were installed

BQuicksilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ESV, 2005 CTS

Are the TPMS sensors (the part within the wheel) the same for all years? Our 07 ESV's wheels aren't in great shape and I'm planning to buy new ones. I want to get new TPMS sensors in the process, but want to make sure they'll still talk to our 07 cluster with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BQuicksilver View Post
    Are the TPMS sensors (the part within the wheel) the same for all years? Our 07 ESV's wheels aren't in great shape and I'm planning to buy new ones. I want to get new TPMS sensors in the process, but want to make sure they'll still talk to our 07 cluster with no issues.
    The early 07' had aluminum valve stems and they were a lot of trouble, but yes you can get the latest pressure sensors and they will work with your truck, no problems at all, best prices we see are on e-bay, we get dozens thru them

BQuicksilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ESV, 2005 CTS

Thanks! I just grabbed a set. I presume the newer style is lighter and won't require as much weight to balance.

jshawjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS Sedan

I tried this procedure on my 2008 STS and after the first tire on the driver's side worked, none of the other tires worked. Now, the system is showing no tire pressure in the other tires, just the one on the driver's side. Can anyone help with this issues? Should I take it to the dealer at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by BQuicksilver View Post
    Thanks! I just grabbed a set. I presume the newer style is lighter and won't require as much weight to balance.
    Slightly lighter

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jshawjr View Post
    I tried this procedure on my 2008 STS and after the first tire on the driver's side worked, none of the other tires worked. Now, the system is showing no tire pressure in the other tires, just the one on the driver's side. Can anyone help with this issues? Should I take it to the dealer at this point?
    I do not know the process for the STS, it should say something in the owners manual, I am looking for info but didn't find anything, try posting in the STS section

speedey110 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4 2007

i have tried this over and over again and i cant seem to get the honk on the first tire...I put the parking break on, hit the access button,hit lock and then unlock and then held both down until i heard the double beep. I let air outof front left tire for 5 seconds and waited but never heard the honk.
    I also tried another way.I put the parking break on , held the access down until car turned on(engine didnt start just turned everything on the dashboard on), hit lock and unlock and then held both down. the two beeps never came that way from the key fib.
    Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by speedey110 View Post
    i have tried this over and over again and i cant seem to get the honk on the first tire...I put the parking break on, hit the access button,hit lock and then unlock and then held both down until i heard the double beep. I let air outof front left tire for 5 seconds and waited but never heard the honk.
    I also tried another way.I put the parking break on , held the access down until car turned on(engine didnt start just turned everything on the dashboard on), hit lock and unlock and then held both down. the two beeps never came that way from the key fib.
    Any ideas???
    I have had many of these trucks, and two of the ones I had, (07', 09') I could not get to work with this method, all my other trucks worked fine this way.

jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
    Bought new rims yesterday, (platinum replicas matte black) found this thread under the new sticky that mrholland (i think) made, did what hcvone described to do, took me 3 times bout 10min total...worked great!! Thank you both!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.