2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I dont understand the instructions for relearning the TPMS. On my two 2007 tahoes it works just fine. However, on ...
    biglg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn

I dont understand the instructions for relearning the TPMS.

On my two 2007 tahoes it works just fine. However, on my 2007 LTZ silverado and now on my late build 07 Escalade it will not work.

It doesnt matter how long, or how much air pressure I increase or decrease the tire by it will not learn/honk the first tire. I wasted an hour last night messing with it. It takes me 2 minutes on my Tahoes.

Anyone else running into this issue? What is the story on the guy who said to hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by biglg View Post
    I dont understand the instructions for relearning the TPMS.

On my two 2007 tahoes it works just fine. However, on my 2007 LTZ silverado and now on my late build 07 Escalade it will not work.

It doesnt matter how long, or how much air pressure I increase or decrease the tire by it will not learn/honk the first tire. I wasted an hour last night messing with it. It takes me 2 minutes on my Tahoes.

Anyone else running into this issue? What is the story on the guy who said to hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote?
    One of my 07's work with this method, and the other does not, that is why I purchased the Bartec reset tool, my "older" 07' does not work with this method, and my newer one does.

boss513 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I did this on my new after market wheels and after i did it, now some of my tires read a lower psi on the dash than it does on the meter shops use to see the actual psi in the tires, has anyone else had this problem? or should i just try the re learning process over again? thanks

fear1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The procedure doesn't work on my 07 either. Guess I will be planning a trip to the dealer some time.

RidingDirty is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Just did mine for the first time and it worked peerfect, very easy!!! I even used the dash to inflate the tires to 44 psi

icejava is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

I just did this using MattRoberts instructions for my 08 EXT. For triggering, I bought a ATEQ VT10 from TireRack. Makes it REALLY easy. Took maybe a whole 2minutes.

wamster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 09

It works also in 2009 Escalades as #9 (mattroberts123) described. Go to the DIC tire preasure monitor and beginn ...

GreenLade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Used the 1st method and worked. Thanks for the info.

CADILLACANGEL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV 2007

Smile Re: 2007 and up Tire Pressure Sensor Relearn

Thanks...
    it was very useful your information.
    Have a great day.

Roger G. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 08 CTS4 3.6DI

I can confirm that this procedure worked absolutely perfect on my 08 CTS DI AWD. It was very easy and even the turn lights on each side, front and rear indicated on what tire to let some air out. After two honks the front left turn light went on until I released the air for about 3 seconds (valve not fully pressed). The a short honk and the turn light on the next wheel went on. Extremely easy and really fast. It took me longer to remove the caps

Quote Originally Posted by mattroberts123 View Post
    Just a note. I have an 08 EXT and this did not work.

Instead of using the computer and finding a menu to choose to relearn the sensors I had to do the following

1. Set parking break
    2. Turn vehicle to run position, but don't turn car on.
    3. Press and hold both LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on car remote at the same time... continue holding for 5 seconds or so until horn honks twice.

4. then start at driver side front tire and let air in or out, and follow rest of the steps above.

Hope this helps someone!

rbu1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

It did not work on my 07. I inflated the tires to 40 psi then hit the relearn heard the horn beep twice....went to the drivers side front and started letting air out got down to 24psi with no horn sound.....Any other options before I have to go to the dealer???

Quote Originally Posted by rbu1 View Post
    It did not work on my 07. I inflated the tires to 40 psi then hit the relearn heard the horn beep twice....went to the drivers side front and started letting air out got down to 24psi with no horn sound.....Any other options before I have to go to the dealer???
    Some times the inflate- deflate does not work, it has not worked on 2 of my Escalade's, and has worked on the other 4 of them. Unless you know someone with a reset tool you will need to see the dealer, or a tire shop with a reset tool. Where are you located? I have a reset tool

rbu1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I am in South Jersey near the Commodore Barry Bridge 08085.

I am north and east of Phila in Huntingdon Valley, if you are up this way I would be happy to reset them, just e-mail me to see if I am in town carl@hcvind.com

jtalambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I got my 07 to relearn the sensors fine, but now everytime I go to start the truck it tells me the check pressure even though they are all the same psi. before never showed "check tire inflation" now all the time, however the orange tire with the exclamation mark is no longer on. Any advice?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.