Wind Noise and Lemon Laws
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wind Noise and Lemon Laws in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I am beginning my pursuit through California's Lemon Law regarding the wind noise in my 2007 Cadillac Escalade. My vehicle ...
    KYBRIGGS82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Wind Noise and Lemon Laws

I am beginning my pursuit through California's Lemon Law regarding the wind noise in my 2007 Cadillac Escalade. My vehicle has been in service 5-6 times for this issue without an acceptable end to the wind noise and I have contacted the manufacturer GM several times. I am contacting California's ARBITRATION CERTIFICATION PROGRAM in Sacramento tommorrow and I am beginning the process to either get a new vehicle from GM or a refund minus mileage.
    Has anyone gone through this process regarding wind noise ? Please let me know what your results were and if not I'll let you know my results. I am going to try abbitration first but if I am not satisfied with the results then I am retaining a Consumer/Lemon Law Attorney. Enough..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Wind Noise and Lemon Laws

Not sure your laws, but in many states it also take a safety problem, I would check with a lemon law lawyer in your state to see.

jaycough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 esv

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Not sure your laws, but in many states it also take a safety problem, I would check with a lemon law lawyer in your state to see.

you don't need a lawyer. the purpose of the laws in each state is provide consumers with an easy way to address issues with vehicles. It is for a defect, that impairs use, value or safety. The fact that GM has issued a TSB's for these issues bolsters consumers case. Windnoise that is known in the industry impairs value of vehicle and may deter abilty to sell it, especially iif a persons expectations of Cadillac is the same as anyone's else.

If you can fill out a form and send a certifed letter, the process will start. Under the process the dealer will call you and 99% of the dealers will work harder to resolve the issue then without the lemon law process working. GM will also have a special consumer unit call you.

Common sense in each company is to avoid lawsuits, lawyers, etc... and to resolve issues with their customers, even if sometimes company may be right on an issue. Good business people use their brains, not their hearts when dealing with consumer issues, especially if you know there is a problem.

Here notes from PA Website

PURPOSE
    The purpose of this fact sheet is to provide information on Pennsylvania’s Automobile Lemon Law.
    PROCEDURES
    The Pennsylvania Automobile Lemon Law applies to any new vehicle purchased or leased and registered in
    Pennsylvania or purchased or leased elsewhere and registered for the first time in the Commonwealth for
    personal, family or household use including a vehicle used by a manufacturer or dealer as a demonstrator or
    dealer vehicle prior to its sale and designed to transport up to 15 persons. Motorcycles, motorhomes, and offroad
    vehicles are not included.
    Under the law, the manufacturer must, at no cost to the purchaser, repair or correct any defect which
    substantially impairs the use, value or safety of the vehicle which occurs within one year after.

CA Lemon Law-notes

The problems must occur within 18 months of delivery or within 18,000 miles on the odometer (whichever comes first);
    The problems must substantially reduce the use, value, or safety of the vehicle to you;

The problems must substantially reduce the use, value, or safety of the vehicle to you;

Wind noise really does none of these, unless the dealership keeps the truck for a long period of time, most will not.

Hvcone, your responses seem to downplay the avenues available to the consumer. These laws were designed to provide an easy way to get problems out for resolution.

Lawyers are not necessary at this point of the process , I speak from experience, the dealer becomes a whole lot more responsive.

Bottom-line is no lawyer needed, a stamp and some time to file and see what happens.

Florida laws state 30 days out of service. I can get to that real quick...actually I am there.

Value decrease? subjective, however no one should decide not to file based on someone's else interpretation of substantial. At the end of the day, no lawyer and the decision is not binding on consumer, only on manufacturer.

There is a motto in business negotiations and law enforcement, throw as much as you can against the wall and lets see what sticks.

Blackout997SC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by jaycough View Post
    Hvcone, your responses seem to downplay the avenues available to the consumer. These laws were designed to provide an easy way to get problems out for resolution.

Lawyers are not necessary at this point of the process , I speak from experience, the dealer becomes a whole lot more responsive.

Bottom-line is no lawyer needed, a stamp and some time to file and see what happens.

Florida laws state 30 days out of service. I can get to that real quick...actually I am there.

Value decrease? subjective, however no one should decide not to file based on someone's else interpretation of substantial. At the end of the day, no lawyer and the decision is not binding on consumer, only on manufacturer.

There is a motto in business negotiations and law enforcement, throw as much as you can against the wall and lets see what sticks.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by jaycough View Post

No not at all, everyone should try getting things worked out on their own, but many times dealerships are not on the buyers side, I hear this a lot from my customers. Before going through my 07' problem I talked to a laywer that handles lemon laws cases in my state of PA. They told me what to say and what not to say, I did not need a lawyer for my case because the dealership and I have been doing business for years, and they got me a new truck and a whole lot more, but it usually does not go that smooth. If nothing else at least talking to a lawyer that handles this kind of thing is a good start, and maybe able to save you time on the best way to proceed to resolve things

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

value- I would say the value is reduced if allone hears is wind noise. I am a prson that likes their environment at home to be very quiet. I would never tolerate excessive noise.

reduce use- I would use the vehicle an extremely less amount, if it was not a pleasure to be in.

all in all... i do think if were persistent, and well spoken you should be able to have your vehicle bought back. I know i sure would be, its an almost 70g vehicle.

Hvcone: understand with lawyers, not to offend any on this site, I pay off 50g a month for attorneys as necessary for business. I learned from my dad, when I was eight years old, never trust a lawyer or doctor opinion, read as much as you can and then make a decision. Never go blind.

I am very anal when reviewing bills and charges, these guys charge by the minute and at $9.17/minute, I go off when I get screwed or the info I get from a third stringer is bs.

Lawyer thing struck a nerve in me..sorry.

BUT one is not needed to start process...sorry had to get last word

The problem is many people do not have the time, and or could not be bothered spending the time to do the research, they turn around and just get rid of the car, take a beating and move on, for these people talking to someone in the know would help them greatly, and like in any field of business there are good ones and bad ones.

TYREEV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Mercedes GL550, 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV (for sale)

If you do not get result from this, try to look into norman taylor and associates. They are great to work with. And they have gotten me a few new cars. And just so you guys know, severe wind noise as I have had in my old 2007 escalade sounds almost as if the window is open. And due to that, it does reduce the use of the vehicle as it says in the California Lemon Law for Vehicles. And in some cases can and most likely will reduce the value of the vehicle we love, but knowingly payed for and got for way over priced for the satisfaction of the Vehicle

thetranz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Does anyone get wind noise problem taking care?. The link below is an article regarding to what is cover and what not. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...on.aspx?page=1

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.