Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Navigation reprogramming? 07 ESV

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dsminva 
#1 ·
I just bought a OE navigation radio on Ebay for my 07 ESV. Apparently the code is removed from the radio and needs to be reprogrammed. Now is the Caddy dealer the only one who can do this procedure? Can it be reprogrammed if the unit is already installed or do they need to get to the back of the unit? I thought all I had to do was install the redio myself and insert the nav. dvd!!! Please give me some suggestions - thanks.

Also --- while using the navigation, does the nav. dvd have to be in the player at all times? What if I want to use the navigation and put a dvd on for the kids at the same time? -- is it one or the other type of thing?

#10 ·
You cannot do a VIN relearn with the Tech2. The radio must be disassembled and the EEPROM read, then you have to find the location of the VIN in the BIN. Replace that with your VIN and write the EEPROM. It's not an easy task.

I think back in 07 there was a way to use the Tech2, but that functionality has been removed.

----------

Edit - I speak from personal experience. I have a Tech2 and can verify it's not an option in there.
I have also upgraded from my 2010 nav to a 2013 nav. I have to extract the EEPROM bin and replace the VIN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.