Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Molded Splash Guard for Escalade

14K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  SpyShops NY 
#1 ·
:stirpot:I just want to share with forums how to keep the truck clean with the new flaw style fenders that Escalade 2007 came up with what they called "Break through generation". I was dissapointed with the new body when I got my SUV that 4 wheels are wider (protrude out) than body. Whenever it rains or you run through wet road, mug sprays all the way to windows of the truck. After doing all the research I decided to get the splash guard install to my truck. I went to Caddy dealership, they would install splash guard for total of $400 ($285 for parts +$125 labor). That's a rip off. I searched on Ebay and bought a set for around $125 and installed them by myself. All the hardware included, you don't have to take the wheels off or anything, just follow included instruction. After I got splash guard installed the truck looks nicer and prevent getting mug all over the body or windows.

#6 ·
#36 ·
Not used to posting pics on sites, Hosted?
You can upload photos to the forum from your PC, or you can supply an address for a photo that is already on the Web (i.e., hosted). There may be some limitations on this if you don't have enough posts yet.

To post photos, start your reply with "Go Advanced". Scroll down to "Manage Attachments". Browse your PC to upload a photo, or cut and paste a URL (i.e., an "http://" web address).

Photos must be 800x600 pixels or smaller. Microsoft Paint can be used to downsize photos if necessary. Paint is available on every Windows computer (Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint). Once you have your photo open in Paint, hit CTL+E to see its dimensions (click on "Pixels"). That will give you an idea how much smaller you must make it. Then hit CTL+W for Stretch and Skew. Under Stretch, enter the same percentage reduction for Horizontal and Vertical (i.e. 50%). Check the results with CTL+E. If you don't like it, hit CTL+Z to undo. When satisfied, save the photo under a different name to avoid losing the original.

There are easier ways to do this with other graphics programs, but Paint is the only photo utility found on all Windows PCs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.