Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New 2008 Calade remotes

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  caddycruiser 
#1 ·
I just saw the new 08 Escalade remotes and they are really nice! Looks so much more refined and goes with the vehicle. Unlike the crappy plastic ones everybody else has.

Does anybody know if you can purchase one of these new styles to work with an 07?

#9 ·
The LCD remotes are a GM accessory that will work with most every '07 and newer (and a handful of earlier ones) GM vehicles.

It was supposed to be available quite a while ago, but has been delayed, delayed again, etc. due to supplier issues, and still is not available yet. Keep checking with your dealer's GM accessory people, for any information they might get (usually not even a match to 'net info, but still worthwhile).

I can honestly say, from being on a lot of different GM vehicle boards, it's one accessory that is just insane as far as interest...post one day, then the next day a new thread about it, then another, then another...most of the time with people thinking it's some kind of new option, etc. Gets old, but I guess that's to blame GM for, since they've been showing it for so long in brochures and such, but it just isn't out yet.

#10 ·
Finally, an update on the LCD 2-way remote DIRECT from GM.

Someone on another forum just emailed someone from GM directly linked to information on the accessory remote, and got this reply:

Thanks for your interest in two way advanced remote start for your Enclave. This product will be available from your local GM dealer before year end. We changed the introduction of this product from what had originally been planned to ensure the two way advanced remote start would meet high performance and quality expectations.

If you let me know who your preferred GM dealer is I will alert both you and him when product is available so you can purchase. Thanks for your patience. We believe we have a very exciting product coming.

Thanks,

Nancy Philippart
SO, it has been delayed for a long time--seems like lots of extra testing--but is slated for soon, before the end of the year. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.