Cadillac Owners Forum banner

NAV Version on new Escalade

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  psneeknby 
#1 ·
Plugged in an address on the NAV and found out the NAV has no clue how to get around a major city in CA. Just checking to see if its normal that when I checked the NAV disc it says Verison 1.0. On a 07 Escalade I would expect a version above this and the case is dated 2005. Is there anyway to find out if I have the latest NAV disc for CA?

Thanks

#3 ·
I just got my first (free) update from GMNavdisk.com about two weeks ago. It doesn't have a version number on the disk but it shows 2007 copyright dates (original disk my 2007 came with in Oct of '06 showed version 1 & 2005 copyright).
Part # on the old one was GM# 15878293 - new one is GM# 25853487U.
In addition to having updated map info - when you first load the new disk it does a software update to your nav unit. Takes about 5 - 10 minutes to do its thing. Nav works fine & the new disk has lots of new / updated streets & locations.

#7 ·
I'll be surprised if gmnavdisk will give you an update if your car isn't coming up on it's first anniversary of purchase. From what I was told, you get your initial disk at time of delivery & then an update only on its 1st & 2nd "birthday".
I don't know when you took delivery, but if it was just recently, I'd go back to the dealer & show them that you got an out of date version.
Those disks are kind of like gold, but they can "minipulate" them in the name of customer relations.
Also - that way you don't end up needlessly using one of your updates.

#8 ·
Just purchased the escalade not even 2 weeks ago. I am going to try and have the dealership give me the newer version so I don't have to use a free update right away, seems odd to me why they didn't give me the latest but I guess most people really don't care??? Who knows...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.