Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 Escalade Swap Advice Needed

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Golden Boy 
#1 ·
I am currently negotiating for an 2007 Escalade that has the 18" standard wheels. I have made an offer on the vehicle subject to the dealer swapping the wheels with another Escalade that has the 22" wheels that I want. Here is the response that I got:

"I have met with our management. It is not possible for us to exchange wheels from one new vehicle to another. It has been our experience with tire height, tire pressure monitoring and computer controlled stabilitrak systems, it is not wise to change original configuation of vehicles from the manufacturers specifications."

This sounds like possible BS to me - the guy is looking for an excuse not to make the swap. Is this legitimate?

#4 ·
It should just be a direct swap, as someone else did, because the overall difference in diameter is negligible.

265/65/18 vs. 285/45/22 is a 31.56in diameter vs. 32.09in...so a total difference of a 1.66% slow speedo, etc.

They very likely just want to keep the vehicles they have, as is, and not bother with making such swaps. Some will. Some won't. But there's no notable difference between the 2 models, one with 18" and one with 22", that prevent it.

#5 ·
I switch my 2007's from stock 22's to the stock 18's for the winter, there is NO issues, BUT I know that many dealerships will NOT switch wheels and tires from one truck to another, then they are left with a truck that the equipment does not match the sticker, making it tougher to sell, and other dealerships do it all the time. The dealer gave you a bunch of bull, should have just said we do not switch wheel and tires from truck to truck, that would have been better. Get it with the 18's, there are always people selling the stock 22's here and on E-Bay. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.