Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Owner with a After Factory Radio question

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  extdriver 
#1 ·
OK. I just picked up my 2007 Black Escalade ESV on Sunday expecting to upgrade the radio (Did not get GPS). All the aftermarket dash radio kits put the Double DIN on for the radio on the bottom with a pocket on the top. While this is not that big of an issue, both the kits that I have seen (Metra and American International) stick out about 3/4 inch in the middle. Has anyone had any luck installing a non factory Double DIN radio in the top (like the existing GM NAV) with the radio remaing flat?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
How often do they become available? I have only seen one used one for 999 missing parts and and needing to be programmad to the new vehicle. How difficult is it to mat a used factory nav to a different escalade?

#5 ·
i have one ebay for sale it has everything disc, gps antenna i purchased it for a 08 escalade but then when gm came out with 00 i bought a 07 with the nav i reserched the nav unit before i bought it local dealer can flash for about 100.00 all that means it needs to be reset for your vin. service manager just put one in a 07 vette

#9 ·
yes, the only way you do not flash if nav is purchased new call were you purcahsed your cadillac ask for service dept. if you get a service manager that knows what is going on he will tell you it is a very simple process i reserched the flashing process in depth before i bought it my dealer told me no problem yes to fedex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.