0% financing for 60 months looking good, please give a 2007 checklist
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 0% financing for 60 months looking good, please give a 2007 checklist in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so the dealer has a 2007 EXT in diamond white loaded which I am considering strongly. Other than the ...
    gort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)

0% financing for 60 months looking good, please give a 2007 checklist

Ok so the dealer has a 2007 EXT in diamond white loaded which I am considering strongly. Other than the wind noise issue, what things should I look for before biting the bullet? Also, can you guys please specify as clearly as possible a way to detect if this 2007 I'm considering has the wind noise issue that has been described on here? Should I just take it out on the interstate and cruise for a few miles at 60+? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KYBRIGGS82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 0% financing for 60 months looking good, please give a 2007 checklist

Buy a 2008 !!! The wind noise is a issue in many 2007 models and mine seems to be excessive during highway speeds. Today I took my 2007 Escalade in for service and again requested attention to the wind noise issue for the 3rd or 4th time. During my last service Cadillac sealed the outside mirrors and today again added more plugs or seals to the outside mirrors. I asked for the door rubber moldings to be replaced and the doors be aligned however I was told there are no service bulletins addressing this request. I left Alfred Matthews Cadillac with a oil change, my tires rotated and my outside mirrors sealed once again. I really don't believe Cadillac wants to acknowledge the wind noise issue because of the amount of repair costs associated with this problem. I don't think 0% financing for 60 months is a benefit over buying a 2008 Escalade. If you compute your time and mental health into dollars then by all means buy a 2008 or check out other European SUV's. Drive the EXT on the freeway at 65-75 MPH and listen. Remember to turn off your stereo because that's a trick my wife uses to drown out the wind noise on the freeway.. Good luck..

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Was this not an early '07 issue, that's been resolved? They've made 2007's for so long, I had thought this was sorted out at least by early 2007.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Besides the 0% financing they better give you the truck at much less than invoice, the 08' are on the lots which means the 07's are losing value by the day.

gort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)

the one I was looking at is here:

http://www.jimcolemancadillac.com/Ve...ails/801336934

I was thinking if they got it down to $60,000 and got around $20,000 for my 2004 I'd have a hot deal. What do you think? Is $60,000 too much for an 07 EXT now?

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

The trade is in the Zone (I seem to recall from another thread that you have high mileage, right?) , but the price on the new one, for an 07, is too high. I would go for 10K off list, seriously. I got about 7k off list a few months ago, including rebates, and KNOW I could have done better. You can certainly do better now that the 08s are arriving. Good luck.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

My Escalade's listed from just over 67k, and paid under 60k for them, that was over a year ago, as said your price factor maybe your trade

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

Quote Originally Posted by KYBRIGGS82 View Post
    Buy a 2008 !!! The wind noise is a issue in many 2007 models and mine seems to be excessive during highway speeds. Today I took my 2007 Escalade in for service and again requested attention to the wind noise issue for the 3rd or 4th time. During my last service Cadillac sealed the outside mirrors and today again added more plugs or seals to the outside mirrors. I asked for the door rubber moldings to be replaced and the doors be aligned however I was told there are no service bulletins addressing this request. I left Alfred Matthews Cadillac with a oil change, my tires rotated and my outside mirrors sealed once again. I really don't believe Cadillac wants to acknowledge the wind noise issue because of the amount of repair costs associated with this problem. I don't think 0% financing for 60 months is a benefit over buying a 2008 Escalade. If you compute your time and mental health into dollars then by all means buy a 2008 or check out other European SUV's. Drive the EXT on the freeway at 65-75 MPH and listen. Remember to turn off your stereo because that's a trick my wife uses to drown out the wind noise on the freeway.. Good luck..
    You must have got a really early 2007 built Escalade. My wife's 2007 Escalade was built in September of 2006 which was over a year ago and her's does NOT have the wind noise issue, so like others have stated, that issue was resolved a long time ago.

You can buy a 2007 Escalade and not have to worry about any major issues. You will save a ton of cash with dealer discounts and GMAC 0% financing.

SG

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am selling all remainder 2007 Escaldes $3000.00 below invoice plus rebates..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.