Cadillac Owners Forum banner

0% financing for 60 months looking good, please give a 2007 checklist

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Krug Ford 
#1 ·
Ok so the dealer has a 2007 EXT in diamond white loaded which I am considering strongly. Other than the wind noise issue, what things should I look for before biting the bullet? Also, can you guys please specify as clearly as possible a way to detect if this 2007 I'm considering has the wind noise issue that has been described on here? Should I just take it out on the interstate and cruise for a few miles at 60+? Thanks in advance!

#2 · (Edited)
Buy a 2008 !!! The wind noise is a issue in many 2007 models and mine seems to be excessive during highway speeds. Today I took my 2007 Escalade in for service and again requested attention to the wind noise issue for the 3rd or 4th time. During my last service Cadillac sealed the outside mirrors and today again added more plugs or seals to the outside mirrors. I asked for the door rubber moldings to be replaced and the doors be aligned however I was told there are no service bulletins addressing this request. I left Alfred Matthews Cadillac with a oil change, my tires rotated and my outside mirrors sealed once again. I really don't believe Cadillac wants to acknowledge the wind noise issue because of the amount of repair costs associated with this problem. I don't think 0% financing for 60 months is a benefit over buying a 2008 Escalade. If you compute your time and mental health into dollars then by all means buy a 2008 or check out other European SUV's. Drive the EXT on the freeway at 65-75 MPH and listen. Remember to turn off your stereo because that's a trick my wife uses to drown out the wind noise on the freeway.. Good luck..

#8 ·
You must have got a really early 2007 built Escalade. My wife's 2007 Escalade was built in September of 2006 which was over a year ago and her's does NOT have the wind noise issue, so like others have stated, that issue was resolved a long time ago.

You can buy a 2007 Escalade and not have to worry about any major issues. You will save a ton of cash with dealer discounts and GMAC 0% financing.

SG

#6 ·
The trade is in the Zone (I seem to recall from another thread that you have high mileage, right?) , but the price on the new one, for an 07, is too high. I would go for 10K off list, seriously. I got about 7k off list a few months ago, including rebates, and KNOW I could have done better. You can certainly do better now that the 08s are arriving. Good luck.

#9 ·
I am selling all remainder 2007 Escaldes $3000.00 below invoice plus rebates..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.