2007 Escalade Back Window Shatter Driving on freeway
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Back Window Shatter Driving on freeway in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was driving my 2007 Escalade from Los Angles to Orange County last Sunday night at 75-80m/hr with sunroof open, ...
    hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2007 Escalade Back Window Shatter Driving on freeway

I was driving my 2007 Escalade from Los Angles to Orange County last Sunday night at 75-80m/hr with sunroof open, all the sudden I've heard big bang sound and the back window shattered into pieces. First I thought someone was shooting me and when I get back home, I found no bullet holes nor stones. After I check next morning I did find out there's one nut was missing from the back break light T-bar that attach the windows.

After I went to dealer on Monday morning with a long lists of warranty issues ( break noise, battery die after putting emergency light for 30min, driver side air conditioning won't function after 20 min, trip here there pop out), they told me Cadillac is not responsible for the window breaking. I even called the 800 number that told them we are good GM customers, in the last 4 years we bought four GM vehicles (2003 Cadillac SRX - that was a lemon which GM bought back after only 11 month use, 2006 Chevrolet Silverado SS, 2007 Escalade and I just picked up 2008 Corvette a week ago). They still tell me that they can't help me.

Today I had my window installed by local window company, the 2 technician immediately told me that the missing nut was the reason for the window break. The screw will hold the window, without it when car driving over a bump, the back break light t-bar will pop and the window won't get any support. I took some pictures and post here to show.

I was a little bit disjointed by Cadillac support, although the window replacement is only $630 ( I have $100 insurance deduction), I just felt that they don't care about their customers. My wife already told me it's going to be very difficult to get an approval from her to buy another GM vehicles.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2007 Escalade Back Window Shatter Driving on freeway

Is there anyone in this forum had the same problem as I did?

Cheers

Dave

obeney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I too am not impressed with the Escalade. I found a bunch of fit and finish issues. The roof rack is loose, the plastic that the 3rd brake light is in has not been painted on the leading edge, the drivers seat cooler had a loose wire, I just had to plug it back in. I have a squeek in the engine when its running, I think its the ac compressor but I havent looked yet. Front bumper does not line up very well, but all the cars on the lot were the same.

These are all little issues I know, and it was fine when I had a Tahoe, but I expected alot better in a $60K car. Oh well live and learn. Its still a cool car and sounds great. I just hoped GM would have steped it up for there luxury line.

Now they are on strike, get real those union workers, you should see the writing on the wall,
    talk about job security what if you don't have a company.

I found out two trim issues that I will take back to dealer and ask them to fix it, Cadillac will pay for these.

I'm glad I'm leasing this Escalade, for all the fit-and-finish issues, it is not worthing to owning it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.