Underhood Storage by airlaird
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Underhood Storage by airlaird in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Posting these for airlaird, sure he will answer any questions. Will not work if you install the dual batteries, I ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Underhood Storage by airlaird

Posting these for airlaird, sure he will answer any questions. Will not work if you install the dual batteries, I will post pixs of that too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

airlaird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Underhood Storage by airlaird

Thanks Carl! Just trying to make use of wasted space. I had this in the engine for "testing" for about 2 weeks prior to taking pics. The Pelican case shown here is absolutely the best thing out there. It is heat resistant, waterproof and crush proof. There is no damage from heat in the engine bay and holds tool, cables etc.
    airlaird

Here are a few pixs of the dual battery setup for anyone interested.

jaycough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 esv

Quote Originally Posted by airlaird View Post
    Thanks Carl! Just trying to make use of wasted space. I had this in the engine for "testing" for about 2 weeks prior to taking pics. The Pelican case shown here is absolutely the best thing out there. It is heat resistant, waterproof and crush proof. There is no damage from heat in the engine bay and holds tool, cables etc.
    airlaird
    how much and where do you get?

teutonictrio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What is the benefit of a dual-battery setup, might I ask?

Well I had got the pelican for free....but they' re no more than $40.00. They come with foam...but I took out the foam for space. try www.Pelican.com
    No affiliation with them, but I know their reputation for making a nice container. The nice thing about the setup is you just cut one zip tie...and pull the entire box out to get to the tools
    airlaird

Quote Originally Posted by teutonictrio View Post
    What is the benefit of a dual-battery setup, might I ask?
    I am in extreme cold weather towing a snowmobile trailer, and we some times leave the trailer lights on for long periods of time, and even work on them in the trailer, want to be sure the truck will start.

southbeach is offline Cadillac Owners Member

which dimensions has the pelican case ?? It easier to order then , because i´m in germany.

thanks for the great idea, i really disappointed that such a huge car has no storage place inside the car, for tools, cables, first aidkit, accessories..

robert

Quote Originally Posted by southbeach View Post
    which dimensions has the pelican case ?? It easier to order then , because i´m in germany.

thanks for the great idea, i really disappointed that such a huge car has no storage place inside the car, for tools, cables, first aidkit, accessories..

robert
    I agree, even my SRX Caddy has storage under the floor, not much but it's enough.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I also agree. My past Tahoes has several storage compartments built into the sides of the rear cargo area. For this one, I just bought a small black soft sided duffle bag to keep everything in and prevent stuff from rattling around. Problem is that with the third row up, it takes up precious room behind the third row. I took out one of my third row seats to assist with the issue and also reduce vehicle weight. I just pretend it is a 6 passenger vehicle now, which is still 3 passengers more than I need 99% of the time.

The underhood set up is really cool, but I have other things in the bag that I don't want to cook...like my Preditor, emergency first aid kit, small air, flares air compressor, etc.

Well the model is the Pelican "Mini D" case. Honestly, it is probably the only size that will fit in there. Check the site and see if they have it. I don't know if it's there as I got mine for free and the case may be a few years old. I'm assuming they still have that actual model.
    airlaird

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I found a little useful space this weekend.

On a base Escalade (I would imagine ESV as well), from the rear, looking in the the rear cargo area on the left side is a cup holder for the third row which houses the jack below it. Pull the cupholder out (you should know how to do this for jack purposes anyway). There is a fair amount of room on top of the jack. I was able to fit quite a few things in there. Not a lot of space, but it is at least something - and you don't need to worry about heat!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.