Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Naf 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I own a 2007 Escalade EXT and when i get to 120kph there is an overspeed msg. And i cannot seem to get it removed from the msg screen. Only when droppin below 117kph everything returns to normal...

Does anyone know how to get rid of it...

Please help!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
I know on US trucks you have a speed limiter of 107 mph, the truck wilkl not go over that, unless you have to programmed out of your computer with something like LS1 Edit or a hand held programmer like the Preditor. :)

#3 ·
That is true. However, if my math is right, he is getting that message at the equivilent of around 72 MPH. That just does not seem right.

Just for fun, make sure the main power switch for your criuse is off (make sure the light on the steering wheel is off), and try going over 120 KPH. See what happens. I used to have a car that gave me a warning if I "manually" accelerated 20 MPH beyond what my cruise was set at.

#4 ·
I noticed that you live in Kuwait, thus your Escalade must be built to GCC specifications which require an overspeed warning at 120 km/h. The same happens on my Aston Martin and on most other cars imported to the region (I live in Dubai). My Mercedes G55 does not have this warning...I told the salesman I wouldn't buy it if that happened. Luckily on my Aston, if you cross 126 km/h, it stops beeping. :)

I will have to ask my Cadillac dealer to remove the overspeed warning before they deliver my '08 Escalade next month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.