Good Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Good Wheels in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I had a very bad experience with Giovanna rims and I am convinced they are garbage. I am looking for ...
    nofinga911 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07' White Diamond EXT

Good Wheels

I had a very bad experience with Giovanna rims and I am convinced they are garbage. I am looking for new rims, but can someone please tell me the best and most reliable brands for 3 piece wheels that are made in the US and only in the US....NOT CHINA LIKE GIOVANNA thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shrabber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Good Wheels

Theres some good rims out there in three piece Asantis will be your best choice. Make sure to get the pirelli tires

big3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

HRE's are the highest quality that money can buy and they have great customer service. They actually just warrantied a set of wheels that were 9 years old because they were starting to show stress cracks. They replaced them for FREE! No questions asked.

Again, you get what you pay for. HRE's don't come for cheap....... Their good for LIFE though.

CreepinCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by big3 View Post
    HRE's are the highest quality that money can buy and they have great customer service. They actually just warrantied a set of wheels that were 9 years old because they were starting to show stress cracks. They replaced them for FREE! No questions asked.

Again, you get what you pay for. HRE's don't come for cheap....... Their good for LIFE though.
    That's odd, I had some for an M3 and they were TRASH - and not only that, but the customer service and warranty supoport was even worse! I paid nearly $8k for a set of three piece wheels, and when they came they wouldn't even hold air! Called HRE and they said, "oh yea, just smear some silicone around on the gap between the pieces, that should do it"...I was like WTF!!! I just paid how much, and you want me to do what?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I was not going to post this but I had HRE's (547's) on 2000 Vette, the finish was poor at best, paid extra for polished, HRE's customer service told me it was my fault from poor care, this was on a show car that was trailered to shows and driven less than a 1000 miles with the HRE's on the car. Needless to say I sold them pretty quick, and I know of a few people that had the same problems, maybe they have improved over the last 7 years, but I am not over it yet.

gs430 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Anyone got any probs with Asanti wheels?

gforceext is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Most wheels today are made in china. All wheels made by WTW corp I think are made in china. Your Giovannas are not crap. The covers that you said were melting are. I fixed my caps by gluing heat resistant fabric to the back.

Quote Originally Posted by gforceext View Post
    Most wheels today are made in china. All wheels made by WTW corp I think are made in china. Your Giovannas are not crap. The covers that you said were melting are. I fixed my caps by gluing heat resistant fabric to the back.
    what are you talking about covers melting??? and I strongly disagree, they are complete crap.

I thought you posted another thread about the covers on your giovanna caracas were melting. I might be wrong.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

I thought you posted another thread about the covers on your giovanna caracas were melting. I might be wrong.
    I understand why you misunderstood. There has been more problems and more members with problems with the Giovanna products. Nofinga had a problem with his Giovanna wheels, but it was a different problem than the melting caps that a lot of the members on here have problems with.

Bottom line is no one should be experiencing problems like this from any wheel company. There should be no need to do DIY projects on your expensive wheels because the manufacturer lacked the extra effort or expense.

I agree 100%. But what happened to all the guys that say "you gotta pay to play." Last week guys were saying that about the dude whos engine blew up after he installed a supercharger. I would expect those same guys to say the same thing about wheels.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

I know what your saying but in either case, whether you had a SC or aftermarket wheels installed, as the customer the product you paid thousands for should be able to be driven without problems, period. You don't buy a set of $10,000 wheels telling yourself "I'm in for some BIG problems but I could care less because these things are going to look HUGE!" Yeah, until they melt or who knows what we'll hear next. Its unfortunate because a lot of these aftermarket manufacturers are lacking quality these days to save anything they can from production costs. This is why your Giovanna caps melt or nofingas chrome finish doesn't hold over a few weeks. I can't speak for the SC, but I know the wheel industry well enough to know this is the case and its not going to be long till more customers like nofinga realize this.

In your case, it shouldn't be necessary to have to do DIY projects on your melting caps because the manufacturer couldn't get it right.

WheelExecutives is offline Banned

very well said

no i dont have caracas' i have canneli's

I agree with you 100% you couldnt have said it any better...but how come nobody is doing anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic View Post
    I know what your saying but in either case, whether you had a SC or aftermarket wheels installed, as the customer the product you paid thousands for should be able to be driven without problems, period. You don't buy a set of $10,000 wheels telling yourself "I'm in for some BIG problems but I could care less because these things are going to look HUGE!" Yeah, until they melt or who knows what we'll hear next. Its unfortunate because a lot of these aftermarket manufacturers are lacking quality these days to save anything they can from production costs. This is why your Giovanna caps melt or nofingas chrome finish doesn't hold over a few weeks. I can't speak for the SC, but I know the wheel industry well enough to know this is the case and its not going to be long till more customers like nofinga realize this.

In your case, it shouldn't be necessary to have to do DIY projects on your melting caps because the manufacturer couldn't get it right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.