Going on beach with 26" rims???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Going on beach with 26" rims??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, new to this forum and I have a question. Before I get flamed for whatever reason I'm trying ...
    MercuryEvo is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Going on beach with 26" rims???

Hey guys, new to this forum and I have a question. Before I get flamed for whatever reason I'm trying to make this a dual purpose truck, not trying to show off or anything. I'm most likely picking up a 08 EXT and I want to put
    26" rims on it and possibly lower it with a set of eibachs or something similar. Now I also want to be able to drive on the beach but would that be ok on 26x10.5 rims? I know I cant really air them down much because the sidewalls will stretch and the tires will get ruined. Let me know what you guys think

-Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WheelExecutives is offline Banned

Re: Going on beach with 26" rims???

Yes you can fit 26's and slightly lower it

but can I go on the beach with them?

JetflyerJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

Are you serious? If you have money to throw away the answer is YES beach away. When you ride on rubber bands you can't do much otherwise your rims will suffer tremendously.

Good Luck and post pictures.

gforceext is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

why do you think you wouldnt be able to drive on the beach? I am not sure how easy driving on the sugar sand we have here in florida but the hard pack like in daytona might be eaiser. Just clean off the salt spray as soon as you see a hose.

yea i just plan on power washing the whole truck as soon as i get home, i just dont wanna get stuck or anything

IAG - Billet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

There is a reason that you don't see 26" wheels on Trophy trucks and rock crawlers...

It just isn't meant to be! I have been in the chrome business for some time now and I have seen people do some of the craziest things - cleaning black chrome with a 'brill-o' pad for example. Would you clean your wheels with sand paper?

The second you slow down or get stuck your wheels will sink into the sand and the standard human reaction is to accelerate out of this. You will have officially sanded the chrome lip on your wheels. Plus you have no idea if there are rocks or pebbles in the sand that would further damage the chrome finish.

Once the chrome is scratched you also increase the pitting and peeling of the chrome. Chrome is porous to begin with, once salt gets into these pores it expands and contracts with temperature. This is how chrome starts to fail, definitely use Salt-Away or another protective agent that will remove any corrosive elements from your wheels.

Is it possible - sure. As others have said, if you have the money to burn who really cares. Just like shoes they don't last forever, the more abuse they endure the less life you can expect out of them.

26" wheels with a drop kit is by far the best look for an Escalade. The ride will be a little rough, even on ours with 24"s its a pretty rigid ride. But it is getting 26's soon!

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Can you post pics of you ride?

TheGarageMaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rims just keep getting bigger and bigger. I like 22's and 24's but 26's for me are just getting to big.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by TheGarageMaster View Post
    Rims just keep getting bigger and bigger. I like 22's and 24's but 26's for me are just getting to big.
    I agree. And oh how I wish there had been a factory 20" option for the 07 Escalades. 22" was just a tad bit big for me, and I think my 18's are a bit small. I think the Tahoes w/ factory 20s is the perfect balance of looks and ride.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have two sets of stock 18's in chrome for the winter, you can not get Revo's bigger than 18's, although I hear they will be offering 20's some time in 08'. I look forward to winter time to run 18's on my trucks, they ride so nice, 20's look good too, it all depends on what size tires you are using.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.