2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; This thread might become a sticky if enough prople have the same problems. I have a 2007 Escalade (with 6.2L ...
    vipermann1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

Angry 2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems

This thread might become a sticky if enough prople have the same problems.

I have a 2007 Escalade (with 6.2L V8 and 6 Speed Auto). The transmission completely failed at 18,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. Several months ago.

Now, nearly 5 months later, the replacement transmission had problems with very rough shifting. Problem was diagnosed as a "stuck valve assembly". a part was cleaned/part replaced.

My Escalade is driving nearly 25,000 miles a year, mostly a mix of highway and city driving. (no towing at all).

I think GM may have a major issue with these transmissions.
    I really want to Lemon my car, but I don't think I will be able to.

Has anyone else had transmission problems with their 2007 Escalades??

Thanks everyone, and I am happy to be a new member of this board!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99esteees is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems

Your a long ways from having a lemon vehicle with one transmission failure and a slight second problem.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have had an engine go on my second 07' at 897 miles, GM replaced the truck, I have had no trans issues on any of the three trucks. If you are not happy call the 800 number in the book, you will need to tell them how many days you were without the truck, and if you have the dealership on your side it will go better. I have many friends and customers with 07' Escalade's, no one I know has had any trans issues, of course no one had an engine issue when mine blew up either.

queensnyc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2003 Escalade ESV with 67,000 miles just blew the transmission and the orig warranty is only till 50,000 miles. Cadillac in Long Island quoted me $4200 for a 3yr/50k warranty on replacement trans and I rejected it. I have to come $3090 out of pocket for a Jasper Transmission (3yr/100k warranty) because Cadillac and Gm can't get their stuff straight when designing these tranmisssions. Any transmission that blows up before 150,000 miles without heavy towing and just normal use and proper fluids is a design flaw in my opinion...no wonder they raised the warranty from 5 year 50,000 to 5 year/100k in 2006!

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

Viper,

Do you have stock or aftermarket rims ? ex 24's or 26's

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by queensnyc View Post
    My 2003 Escalade ESV with 67,000 miles just blew the transmission and the orig warranty is only till 50,000 miles. Cadillac in Long Island quoted me $4200 for a 3yr/50k warranty on replacement trans and I rejected it. I have to come $3090 out of pocket for a Jasper Transmission (3yr/100k warranty) because Cadillac and Gm can't get their stuff straight when designing these tranmisssions. Any transmission that blows up before 150,000 miles without heavy towing and just normal use and proper fluids is a design flaw in my opinion...no wonder they raised the warranty from 5 year 50,000 to 5 year/100k in 2006!
    Stock size wheels and tires? How many times did you change the trans fluid in the 67k miles?

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by sj1400 View Post
    Viper,

Do you have stock or aftermarket rims ? ex 24's or 26's
    He has not posted any posts in 10 months...

biggestboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

My 2008 Escalade transmission stopped providing power to the wheels, it would rev to high rpms and the vehicle would not accelerate. I never got a diagnosis, they just said they "flushed the transmission" and it began to work.
    After about 8,000 more miles it is doing it again. It is still under warranty, so we will see what happens.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Keep us updated . That sounds very unusual that a "flush" would fix a seemingly serious problem.

SouthernCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

I am at 64,000 and no problems, These 6 speed trans gives very few problems so I dont think you will get it lemon....

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Look at how many Eskys are on the road. I'm expecting SOME trannys to fail, it's normal. IF you think this is bad, check out Mercedes-Benz/BMW forums.

Oh, 80K on my '07, and NO problems. Have 24's on my truck, and drive it very hard. Example: Shift it into park while reversing (5MPH). These truck's engines/transmissions are built well.

Jochen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

no problems so far at 27.000 Miles...

thetobins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade ext/ 04 srx awd

company i work for uses 2500 silverados w 6.0l and 6 speed, 2008 models, we have replaced at least 7 transmitions out of a fleet of 15 or so trucks. a little scary if you think it's the same tranny in our escalades. warranty won't cover our trucks because we use them in a mine and our company mechanics change out the trannys at a wopping $7500can. price.

North49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade AWD

I have an an '09 that seems to be getting very sloppy shifts. On occasion, the 2-3 shift seems to get some RPM increase between shifts and that, to me, is scary.

I am just over 40k km and have lots of warranty left. When I turn the traction control off it seems to shift better but I don't know if it's my imagination or actual. I don't get on it that often but things seem to be changing.

I will be calling the dealer however some input would be appreciated before I talk to them.

North49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade AWD

They replaced some valve seals. (kit as per a TSB) This "2-3 shift flare" was common in 07' up to early 09 production vehicles. Mine is an early '09 production model produced in '08. It seemed to be OK for awhile but now it's going back again. Truck was in the shop for 3 days and I was given a POS Buick car to drive. Stunk of cigarette smoke was the worst vehicle I had driven in decades.

I will call the service department and see what they can do for me before I call Cadillac. 33k miles and I am getting frustrated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.