2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I will let you know how the trans holds up, we are putting a supercharger on one of my 10's, ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2007 Escalade Transmission Failures/Problems

I will let you know how the trans holds up, we are putting a supercharger on one of my 10's, with headers, cam and heads, going to try it with the stock trans and going to put a large trans cooler on while a new trans is built, I will update with pics down the road from the install as we finish it up.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

You will throw reliability right out the window , but have one heck of a time doing it Posts the pics so I can live my dream while you pay for it . Have fun ! What are you calling the project ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Windy Ext View Post
    You will throw reliability right out the window , but have one heck of a time doing it Posts the pics so I can live my dream while you pay for it . Have fun ! What are you calling the project ?
    Call it "Waste of Money part...." The plan was send to Sema, but no one wants to put up any money except me, so I have all the parts and will start installing as soon as the heat gives a little break so I only sweat so much. It maybe more reliable than you think, or that what I am telling myself, but the shop put a system on a 2007 Tahoe and 2 years later it's still going strong, of course it does have less power being a 5.3, but it has heads and cam too. Going to photo everything from sway bars to supercharger.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

I'm not trying to discourage you one bit , it should be an awesome truck . We are looking for a break in the heat here too . I hate sweating !! Do you know which big brake kit can be installed w/18" wheels ,I want to be able to put the 18s on for the winter sledding season (Think Snow ! Summer Sucks! ) Looking forward to the build !

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

I know through experience that 18" wheels will not clear Baer Eradispeed +1 (15" front rotors) with stock sliding PBR calipers but this was with GF 2.5 dropped spindles but it wasn't by very much. Since I don't think the spindles make any changes to the stock brake mounting location, I would say you need at least 20" wheels (depending on offset) to clear the above Baer rotors. In my situation no fixed caliper would clear my 24" Baso wheels with 35mm offset so I had to stay with stock calipers with EBC yellows (or some other floating caliper) to clear the spokes of the wheels. 14" front rotors would probably have cleared the 18" wheels with stock calipers.

A320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Back to the topic, I am having some serious doubts about my purchase and would like some advice on what my options are:

Purchased an 07 Escalade from my local GM dealer in Winnipeg with 69k on June 11 of this year.

Have been experiencing rough shifting and also roughness during transmission engagement/disengagement (like when coasting and applying accelerator again).

Took it in to dealership late August and the techs told me they reprogrammed the computer that controls shifting, exact notes below:

"TCM Incorrect version, roadtest, diagnose and watch data on scan tool, all is operating as designed, found new calibration to address the shift feel, reprogram TCM W/C 184B8 to latest calibrations"

Took it home and found the problem was still there, no changes. I took it back to them Sept. 2 with the same concerns. They called me later that day and told me that they were able to reproduce the problem, and they were going to open her up and try to find the culprit. OVER 2 WEEKS LATER I get my Escalade back (finally) with the following notes:

I left the dealership with my truck 2 nights ago and have been driving it over the weekend and have experienced the following:

-Rough shifting still from 1-2
    -When coming to a stop, foot on the brake, decelerating through 15-12km/h (7-9mph), the truck suddenly starts jerking and pulling forward and short successive motions/jumps (this has happened twice)

On a side note, the last sentence in the notes of the image above "service stability light came on while driving" it continues onto to the next page but to summarize, while the tech was road testing after the transmission work was complete, a stability warning came on, they checked into it, and turns out it's the Right Rear Damper Actuator at fault. They performed diagnostics and found the actuator fails so my truck, according to their notes, also requires a new "Right Rear Shock Assembly" which they are awaiting parts for.

IN ADDITION to all that, during my weekend driving, I'm listening to a CD, then suddenly my speakers start to crackle and pop real loud, my display on my audio/nav unit flickers and then shuts off! I was able to turn it back on.

Also, just so you can appreciate my concerns, my Escalade has also been in for the following reasons, since purchase:

*Various heater control buttons were not working, they replaced the whole environmental control unit
    *Seized rear universal joint on rear driveshaft, replaced
    *Driver's door catches when opening/closing, door needed realignment
    *Cover for hitch was loose and almost falling off during driving, they replaced it with a upgraded/modified version
    *Auto folding of left middle seat not working, took it back twice for this, first time they lubed, second time they modified a binding 'striker'.
    *Driver's seat heat/cooling not working, blower AND heating parts replaced
    *Driver's door handle came off, yup! came off one day when I pulled the latch

So needless to say, the SUV is going back early first thing tomorrow (Monday) morning for the transmission, and apparently a right/rear shock replacement.

They are going to have to address my audio/nav system shorting out like that but I am really concerned that they will simply try to tell me they weren't able to reproduce (freak incident), then my bumper to bumper warranty expires in about 2 weeks (Oct 10) and then the damn thing will fail soon after. I will not accept this response with everything else that has happened to this thing.

I'd like to hear your opinions. Perhaps I have some other options regarding overall warranty and this being classified as a lemon.

Don't get me wrong, I love how this SUV drives, and the luxury it provides. But this is my first GM purchase EVER, and for the kind of money I've spent and the problems I have already seen. I am very concerned and needless to say disappointed.

Don't know what the lemon laws are where you live, but that is a lot of problems for sure, maybe contact a lawyer to see what your options are.

2007XTSDub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by A320 View Post
    Back to the topic, I am having some serious doubts about my purchase and would like some advice on what my options are:

Purchased an 07 Escalade from my local GM dealer in Winnipeg with 69k on June 11 of this year.

Have been experiencing rough shifting and also roughness during transmission engagement/disengagement (like when coasting and applying accelerator again).

Took it in to dealership late August and the techs told me they reprogrammed the computer that controls shifting, exact notes below:

"TCM Incorrect version, roadtest, diagnose and watch data on scan tool, all is operating as designed, found new calibration to address the shift feel, reprogram TCM W/C 184B8 to latest calibrations"

Took it home and found the problem was still there, no changes. I took it back to them Sept. 2 with the same concerns. They called me later that day and told me that they were able to reproduce the problem, and they were going to open her up and try to find the culprit. OVER 2 WEEKS LATER I get my Escalade back (finally) with the following notes:

I left the dealership with my truck 2 nights ago and have been driving it over the weekend and have experienced the following:

-Rough shifting still from 1-2
    -When coming to a stop, foot on the brake, decelerating through 15-12km/h (7-9mph), the truck suddenly starts jerking and pulling forward and short successive motions/jumps (this has happened twice)

On a side note, the last sentence in the notes of the image above "service stability light came on while driving" it continues onto to the next page but to summarize, while the tech was road testing after the transmission work was complete, a stability warning came on, they checked into it, and turns out it's the Right Rear Damper Actuator at fault. They performed diagnostics and found the actuator fails so my truck, according to their notes, also requires a new "Right Rear Shock Assembly" which they are awaiting parts for.

IN ADDITION to all that, during my weekend driving, I'm listening to a CD, then suddenly my speakers start to crackle and pop real loud, my display on my audio/nav unit flickers and then shuts off! I was able to turn it back on.

Also, just so you can appreciate my concerns, my Escalade has also been in for the following reasons, since purchase:

*Various heater control buttons were not working, they replaced the whole environmental control unit
    *Seized rear universal joint on rear driveshaft, replaced
    *Driver's door catches when opening/closing, door needed realignment
    *Cover for hitch was loose and almost falling off during driving, they replaced it with a upgraded/modified version
    *Auto folding of left middle seat not working, took it back twice for this, first time they lubed, second time they modified a binding 'striker'.
    *Driver's seat heat/cooling not working, blower AND heating parts replaced
    *Driver's door handle came off, yup! came off one day when I pulled the latch

So needless to say, the SUV is going back early first thing tomorrow (Monday) morning for the transmission, and apparently a right/rear shock replacement.

They are going to have to address my audio/nav system shorting out like that but I am really concerned that they will simply try to tell me they weren't able to reproduce (freak incident), then my bumper to bumper warranty expires in about 2 weeks (Oct 10) and then the damn thing will fail soon after. I will not accept this response with everything else that has happened to this thing.

I'd like to hear your opinions. Perhaps I have some other options regarding overall warranty and this being classified as a lemon.

Don't get me wrong, I love how this SUV drives, and the luxury it provides. But this is my first GM purchase EVER, and for the kind of money I've spent and the problems I have already seen. I am very concerned and needless to say disappointed.
    What dealer are you going to?

A320 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Don't know what the lemon laws are where you live, but that is a lot of problems for sure, maybe contact a lawyer to see what your options are.
    The lemon laws are pretty loose in MB but so far after speaking with managers, they are being supportive and understanding of my situation and are currently working on a solution.

calade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESV

I Feel your frustration and disappointment. This is my first GM purchase because it accommodates my families activities and it's an "Escalade". I'm having the same transmission problems. My 2007 ESV transmission feels like someone just hit me from the back or I hit a bump during acceleration and slowing down. So I took it in for service and was talked into getting the transmission serviced which cost me close to $900.00. Call me "dumb", but I trusted the dealerships opinion. Two days later, I get the car back and same issues again. Called the same service dealership and explained my concern. Will see what happens next.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

calade, if you need any assistance let me know. It sounds like you may want to look into getting into contact with our Customer Assistance team to get some additional firepower on this issue for you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Jeff, thanks for your help. Just for updates, I took the ESV back to the dealer as planned, another mechanic looked into it, he changed the valve body, said it was, "sluggish". He also changed the trans-filter. So they called me to pick up the SUV, my daughter and i drove it to the store....&, now a new problem begun....1. The escalade Starts up with a large sound of thump! 2. The exhaust leeks with a sound of "hissing" upon acceleration. I drove it back to the dealer, spoke to service & mechanic to address the issue that was not there in the vey beginning. I like the effort and service, but this is not how I wanted my vecation to end. I'm hoping these issues will be fixed. I'm glad I still have bumper to bumper warranty.

Jeff, thanks for your help. Just for updates, I took the ESV back to the dealer as planned, another mechanic looked into it, he changed the valve body, said it was, "sluggish". He also changed the trans-filter. So they called me to pick up the SUV, my daughter and i drove it to the store....&, now a new problem begun....1. The escalade Starts up with a large sound of thump! 2. The exhaust leeks with a sound of "hissing" upon acceleration. I drove it back to the dealer, spoke to service & mechanic to address the issue that was not there in the vey beginning. I like the effort and service, but this is not how I wanted my vecation to end. I'm hoping these issues will be fixed. I'm glad I still have bumper to bumper warranty.

Just to update; Picked up the Escalade. All problems so garage ok. Now the auto/remote start will not work sometimes..I'm tired of bringing it back and forth to the dealer. The staff even knows me. They are nice. I just hope that my trans will be ok from now on. I'll give it a test run tomorrow. Leaky exhaust- fixed. Noisy start- fixed. Transmission- will see.

teefrieson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac ext

what did they do to fix the leaky exhaust, minds has been doing it recently

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.