All Links to ALL posts on 07 Wind noise.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, All Links to ALL posts on 07 Wind noise. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The moderators might want to make this a Sticky to keep all this info in one place. Just a thought. ...
    Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

All Links to ALL posts on 07 Wind noise.

The moderators might want to make this a Sticky to keep all this info in one place. Just a thought.
    It is always being asked and now there are Multiple posts on this same issue.

Here's all the links to posts in this forum on the 07 Wind Noise Issue.
    Included in some of these posts are the Bulletins and actually a PDF copy of one of them.
    The Dealers know about the Bulletins and you have to Insist they track them down if they tell you other wise.
    As far as getting the work done using the the Bulletin ( at the dealer or otherwise ) and having it fix the Issue is another story.
    All the info is in these links.

This is just some of the info in these posts:
    Subject:
    Power Folding Outside Rearview (OSRV) Mirror Whistle Noise :
    (Add Foam) #06-08-64-012 - (03/17/2006)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...total-fix.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/98875-07-ext-wind-noise.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/102875-air-noise-solution-2007-ext.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/100609-wind-noise-75-gone.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/100608-door-hinge-adjustment-07s-service-proceedure.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/93159-2007-wind-noise.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/96476-07-ext-wind-noise.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/78208-07-escalade-issues.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/69203-07-escalade-whistling-noise-issue.html?highlight=07+ext+wind+noise

If anyone ever gets the wind noise fixed, Please post the results as everyone will want to know since it is a Wide Spread issue with Very Limited success.
    Good Luck Everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ProntoEscalade888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: All Links to ALL posts on 07 Wind noise.

will the dealer do the adjustment even if the car is out of warranty? (+53K mark)

RidingDirty is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

They claim that they didnt find anything on my truck when I took it in, but it has been gone since then. I have no wind noise just the sweet exhaust sound

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by RidingDirty View Post
    They claim that they didnt find anything on my truck when I took it in, but it has been gone since then. I have no wind noise just the sweet exhaust sound
    They may have just put silicone or weatherstripping grease on the weatherstripping, this will make it more quite for a while and keep the wind noise down

probob2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by ProntoEscalade888 View Post
    will the dealer do the adjustment even if the car is out of warranty? (+53K mark)
    I want to know also. My warranty ended 500 miles ago.

ldyoung71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade 09 CTS AWD

I purchased an '07 last month and heard all the wind noise out of the passenger side. Brung it in and they said they replaced the weatherstripping in the door. Now it sounds worse. Has anyone ever had that happen?

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Take it back to the dealer.... I heard some positive stories when the door was adjusted...I have been looking to take mine to do the same but was afraid that I would get the same outcome you got.....will call my dealer for feedback and post the outcome...I wanted to test drive a new 2010 or 2011 at the dealer for a reference...good luck

Bear is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT

Question, has anyone heard this in a newer model? I have a 2010 EXT and it sounds like the driver window isn't completely up... happened about a month into owning it, just haven't taken it in. I expect that's what I'll need to do but would like to hear if this was limited to just the 2007 models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Question, has anyone heard this in a newer model? I have a 2010 EXT and it sounds like the driver window isn't completely up... happened about a month into owning it, just haven't taken it in. I expect that's what I'll need to do but would like to hear if this was limited to just the 2007 models.
    I took it back in again, they had it for 3 days. They said the first time he had put too much foam in the mirrors and took it out. I asked if they were sure the sound is gone now, and they said yes. I drive it home, and I still hear it!!! What would you guys suggest? It's still under factory warranty and has only 36K miles on it. My original thought is to take it to a different cadillac dealer to see if they can find it. My father says to take it back to the same dealer and don't let them get away. I guess I am just wondering if another dealer would have better experience. Thoughts???

GERMEEZY1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just had my 09 in for the fix, they actually installed another mirror and it was quiet again.

Good to know. I think this time on checkout, I will have someone ride with me on the highway before we say it is good to go. The last two times I just assumed they fixed it before leaving.

OK. So they fixed it for the passenger side, but now that I don't hear that wind noise, I can hear wind noise coming from the back of the vehicle!?? It is on the passenger side of the vehicle, but not sure if it is coming from the rear passenger door (glass), or the stationary glass on the passenger side. Has anyone had wind noise from the rear doors or side windows??

deuceandddoll is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ESV

2007 ESV, the rear lift glass has wind noise and whistles above 60mph when pulling a trailer. There is a GM Tech Service Bulletin 06-08-66-012C for Escalade, Yukon, Suburban and Tahoe. It calls for replacing the rear glass, weatherstrip, rubber bumpers and then adjust latch.

I called my local Cadillac dealer a week ago and left a full message with my cell number on their Service Line since all their reps were busy. Have not heard boo from them yet on the issue.

Wind noise is not covered by extended warranty, so has anyone found a do-it-yourself fix for what GM calls "glass lift"? Any ideas on how to adjust and tighten the rear lift glass so that it makes better contact with the rubber seal?

jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade

Hello all. Im not new to Cadillac, but new to Escalade. i just bought an 07 with 66k miles on it. I have alot of wind noise coming from the windshield while driving on the freeway. Any others having this problem? I havent taken it to the dealer yet but plan too.

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Do a search on " WIND NOISE " to read trials and tribulations concerning this matter....the link below is one I tried which reduced the wind noice but I ony did it partially maybe next year I will do both windows fully.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rself-fix.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.