07 MP3 Music Disk - Stock Unit w/ NAV question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 MP3 Music Disk - Stock Unit w/ NAV question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey everybody...anyone else experience this: Made a Data Disk of MP3's (glad at least for the money I spent for ...
    ThePimpDaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

07 MP3 Music Disk - Stock Unit w/ NAV question

Hey everybody...anyone else experience this:

Made a Data Disk of MP3's (glad at least for the money I spent for this SUV it at least does that) and for some strange reason, the MP3 is cliped for the 1st few seconds of every song? Now, before I get a few responses that I made the disk wrong, I didn't; I played the disk in a couple of other sources and tested listening to a whole track as it plays into the next and advancing to a certain track. The music wasn't cutoff in the beginning playing them in those sources, but it was in the Escalade.

Strange, just wondering if anyone else out there was trying this "other iPod/MP3 player" solution ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pabstcadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Yep

Re: 07 MP3 Music Disk - Stock Unit w/ NAV question

Are you using the top slot or the bottom? I'd try mixing it up once, just to see. :2cents:

As for your comment "glad at least for the money I spent for this SUV it at least does that" you seem to be forgetting best in class; horsepower, torque, size of nav screen, fuel economy, max cargo volume, power train warranty, etc. I'm guessing you paid $60k +/- depending on what else you have. Compare all of that to a BASE msrp of the Lexus $67k+ or the Range Rover starting at $77k+. Not to mention this BUSINESSWEEK article, I'd say you may have gotten a steal.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I made three MP3 music discs and they all work fine, I will ask a few people and see if anyone heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    I made three MP3 music discs and they all work fine, I will ask a few people and see if anyone heard of that.
    Thanks Carl !!!

I'll move the disks around and see what happens...

Believe me, I love it !!! I had 3 BMW's (last one being a 5 series) before the Escalade (Got the Caddy in October) and the novelty still hasn't worn off - I love driving it !!! It's the little things that are missing...like all the controls on the NAV getting locked out when I start driving (I know it's in the name of safety and I'm not convinced I should get the Lockpick just yet because of some of the complaints I read about it on this board), also the windshield washer kicked on for over two minutes and I could do nothing to shut it off until I pulled over and shut the car off )that seemed to reset it. My complaints are really just based on I feel it should be a little bit "tighter" for the $60k+ I paid for it...but you're absolutely right, it's the best in it's class and I know there are plenty of articles that rank it higher than the Range Rover and I agree, especially after doing my own research test driving a bunch of different SUV's before getting the Caddy - in fact I fell in love with the Escalade the minute I got in it to test drive it. I'm definitely going to get another and if I had any regrets, it would be that I should have gotten the ESV for the extra space behind the 3rd row (no kids for me either).

Bumped this because I made more disks and tried different cars/other devices that can play MP3's directly and the Caddy still cuts off the first couple of seconds - the other devices played them fine.

Just wanted to see if anyone else tried it out?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by ThePimpDaddy View Post
    I'll move the disks around and see what happens...

Believe me, I love it !!! I had 3 BMW's (last one being a 5 series) before the Escalade (Got the Caddy in October) and the novelty still hasn't worn off - I love driving it !!! It's the little things that are missing...like all the controls on the NAV getting locked out when I start driving (I know it's in the name of safety and I'm not convinced I should get the Lockpick just yet because of some of the complaints I read about it on this board), also the windshield washer kicked on for over two minutes and I could do nothing to shut it off until I pulled over and shut the car off )that seemed to reset it. My complaints are really just based on I feel it should be a little bit "tighter" for the $60k+ I paid for it...but you're absolutely right, it's the best in it's class and I know there are plenty of articles that rank it higher than the Range Rover and I agree, especially after doing my own research test driving a bunch of different SUV's before getting the Caddy - in fact I fell in love with the Escalade the minute I got in it to test drive it. I'm definitely going to get another and if I had any regrets, it would be that I should have gotten the ESV for the extra space behind the 3rd row (no kids for me either).
    Funny thing on the washers, both of my trucks have done this one time each, it started without the wipers on, they were not in the rainsense mode, they were off and out of nowhere the washer cycle started, and kept going for several minutes. This as I said only happened once to ech truck and it was several months ago, no problems since that, very strange.

Esanti1710 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just got my 07 last week and I've also noticed that this happens with discs holding MP3 files. I don't recall if it happens when I let one song finish completely and just allow the next song in line to begin, but it definately cuts off the first second or so each time I skip ahead to the next song.

parkplace is offline Cadillac Owners Member

yes it has happened to me as well the first couple of seconds missing but when I play a store bought cd it plays fine

bomdy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I made around 7 disks in different formats and with different software, this is officially what worked flawlessly:
    1.make a play list on itunes
    2.click the album column to list songs by album.
    3. Under preferences, and advanced select disc type MP3
    4. Go back to the playlist, select all songs by CTRL+A, right click and edit tag.
    5.change tags to 1.1
    6.click burn (the button should say MP3 in the lower right corner)

Now enjoy full listing with all the tags. search by artist, album or, song.
    Also there's no second clippings even with the steering wheel controls

Enjoy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.