Lowering Opinions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Lowering Opinions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an '04 escalade with 22" wheels. I'm looking for some opinions on lowering the truck. If anyone has ...
    jcmendo01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Lowering Opinions

I have an '04 escalade with 22" wheels. I'm looking for some opinions on lowering the truck. If anyone has a lowered escalade please respond and give me some input. (i,e ride quality and looks espcially)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Lee's Summit MO (Near Kansas City) Go Chiefs!

Re: Lowering Opinions

Look around for some of the other discussions on this topic. Basically, Ground Fource, makes a kit for around $400. McGaughy's makes 3 kits with middle one (my choice as the best 2"/3" drop) for $385 and uses a patented drop spindle for the front end lowering instead of torsion keys.

My opinion is McGaughy's design is better engineering. Hope this helps.

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Check out Skalaid's pics. I think a 2/3 drop is perfect. They should come that way from the factory. I've yet to see a 02up with that setup. It probably requires mods to your rear leveling system. I think the stance is MEAN! Go with GMike suggestion!

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I like Infamous Lades on 24's drop. he also uses the Mcghaugy's kit. I think its like the 4th thread down. He also claims that with this setup, his ride does not suffer as much as the Ground Force kit he used to have. When I get my wheels, i will also be going with the Mcghaugys.

MakinMoney247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just had my 2003 AWD Escalade dropped 2/3 with the Ground Force Kit. I just upgraded from 23's on 305/40/23 Toyo's to 24's on 305/35/24 Kumho's a couple weeks ago. I noticed a little(nothing major) more of a rougher ride with the 24's, but that's to be expected because of the thinner tire. When I dropped the ride on 24's it was slightly more rough, but nothing drastic. However, I'm on the east coast and 99% of the roads are not flat and contain numerous bumps. If you live out west, I'm sure it would be hardly noticeable. The bottom line is that you will notice a little bit of a rougher ride, but nothing to worry about. The looks more than compensate for it, as it looks 100X better dropped on 24's than sitting stock level on 24's. It took me awhile to get the kit after reading some people talking about the Ground Force kit giving a rough ride, but I think it's way overexagerrated.

BLUEXTON4S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I lowered my ext on 24s using the Mcgaughys kit. It rides almost like stock. I had the ground force kit on my Denali and it rode a little rougher, but still was not to bad. You can see pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/589471

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

nice looking ext blue.....do you have any tire rubbing?? and what size tires do you have??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.