please post the headlight removal diagram
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, please post the headlight removal diagram in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Been a while since i've replaced a DRL. I did it last on an 02. Can someone post the diagram ...
    gort is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)

please post the headlight removal diagram

Been a while since i've replaced a DRL. I did it last on an 02. Can someone post the diagram again to safely remove the headlight assembly on a 2004 lade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larfx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: please post the headlight removal diagram

Quote Originally Posted by gort View Post
    Been a while since i've replaced a DRL. I did it last on an 02. Can someone post the diagram again to safely remove the headlight assembly on a 2004 lade?
    You could just let the light stay out and save the trouble .

Sorry for not being a help to your question, but if you get the diagram, you could use it to turn the other one off, as well.

It would be great if we had less DRLs .

DLE
    DLE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT

1. Open hood

2. Take off the plastic cover by taking off all the snap clips by using a flathead screwdriver. (i'm guessing there's 7 of them)

3. On top of the headlight, there should be 2 "L" or "7" shape metal bar thingy. lol. Not sure how to call it. Anyways, take those two out.

The headlight should now pop right out. It'll be easier if you pop the side of the grill off too. Just dont take the whole grill off.

Anyways, you can always look in your manual as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DLE View Post
    1. Open hood

2. Take off the plastic cover by taking off all the snap clips by using a flathead screwdriver. (i'm guessing there's 7 of them)

3. On top of the headlight, there should be 2 "L" or "7" shape metal bar thingy. lol. Not sure how to call it. Anyways, take those two out.

The headlight should now pop right out. It'll be easier if you pop the side of the grill off too. Just dont take the whole grill off.

Thanks. That's what I remembered (not needing any special tools) just wanted to double check. Better safe than sorry. Gonna get my dead bulb fixed tomorrow when there's daylight.

DLE

You should buy these bulbs to put as your DRLs.

These are by far the best bulbs i've ever used for my DRLs. Looks just like HIDs from far away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3157-...79232667QQrdZ1

You should buy these bulbs to put as your DRLs.

These are by far the best bulbs i've ever used for my DRLs. Looks just like HIDs from far away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3157-...79232667QQrdZ1

Any modification required to use those or dot hey just pop in?

benamaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Any modification required to use those or dot hey just pop in?
    For DRL's they just pop in. I used some tower looking LED ones. They are very nice and look alot better than stock and last longer too.

Here to resurrect this thread. Those suggested DRL's were awesome, look just like HID. One finally burnt out and I need another set but the auction is too old to find. Anybody have an updated place to get more??

DLE

Here to resurrect this thread. Those suggested DRL's were awesome, look just like HID. One finally burnt out and I need another set but the auction is too old to find. Anybody have an updated place to get more??
    Dont you ever resurrect a thread again! Just kiddin.

Go to ebay and type in 3157 white..

Find some here.
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search...hite&category0=

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

does anyone have a real picture diagram?

spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question I got mine out without a diagram

1. Open hood

I followed these steps a few minutes ago. However, after unplugging the harness, there is a tube like wire. What is it and how can it safely be removed?

Attached Images

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    I followed these steps a few minutes ago. However, after unplugging the harness, there is a tube like wire. What is it and how can it safely be removed?

That wire is for the hid low beam bulb and can be removed at the ballast(just don't break nothing)just follow the wire to the ballast behind the grille

spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The plug that is disconnected goes into the ballast. That's the only thing that has a connector into the ballast.The is not connector to the end of the tube going into the ballast. The ballast I have is OEM, but I left it there for now.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    The plug that is disconnected goes into the ballast. That's the only thing that has a connector into the ballast.The is not connector to the end of the tube going into the ballast. The ballast I have is OEM, but I left it there for now.
    There is two harnesses the larger one(which I see disconnected in the pic) and a smaller one which is for the hid low beam only and the connector for it is on the ballast located just behind the grille(remove it to gain access to the ballast)
    The connector is like a headlight bulb harness and is easy to remove

I have had my headlight out before to clean them but I never disconnected the hid ballast as I had just enough slack to get the housings to where I could pour the water in the drl socket holder(I had the haze on the inside because of the drl bulbs) then worked it around then drained it

One word of advice don't mess with the hid bulb glass(the grease on your fingers will kill the bulb in no time) or have the headlights on with a hid bulb disconnected as damage to a ballast will happen

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.