Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mojo 
#1 ·
I'm about to do my 1st oil change. Do most of you take your ride to the dealership to get it done or do you do it yourself?? I plan to have it done through the dealership getting full synthetic oil which they recommended. By getting full synthetic oil, they said I'd only need to change oils every 9,000 miles. What y'all think??

#2 ·
soljah said:
I'm about to do my 1st oil change. Do most of you take your ride to the dealership to get it done or do you do it yourself?? I plan to have it done through the dealership getting full synthetic oil which they recommended. By getting full synthetic oil, they said I'd only need to change oils every 9,000 miles. What y'all think??
that is 100% true, but the filter should still be changed at 3,000 miles, and then you add 1 quart of oil, (filter capacity) and that is it :want:

#3 ·
I have the oil changed - I stand there and watch every move they make. I use Mobil 1 (5w-30 synthetic) every 5000 miles. My engine oil monitor usually hits 0% at around 6000, so maybe 9K is stretching it a bit. But then again, I drive my Escalade rather hard.

#5 ·
I got the GM SmartCare (or whatever they call it) and negotiated it down with the dealer at purchase.

They pick my car up every 3000 miles (or 90 days) for Oil, lube, & filter change and it ended up costing me $8.40/mo. Considering my dealer charges $54.00 for the service I made out ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.