Gas Tank Leakage On '03 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Gas Tank Leakage On '03 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone heard of or experienced gas tank leakage? There was gas pouring down from the bottom of my SUV. ...
    tcca96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Gas Tank Leakage On '03 Escalade

Has anyone heard of or experienced gas tank leakage? There was gas pouring down from the bottom of my SUV. The dealer said that something must have caught on to the bottom and after the release of that object, the object pierced the gas tank. The problem is that I didn't run over any object nor did I hear anything being dragged.

I find this odd because I was on the freeway under normal driving conditions...the SUV is suppose to be a 4-wheel driving machine!!!! How could this have happened? Dealer said that the warranty will not cover such mishaps. This is unbelievable!!!! How can they justify that driving on normal conditions lead to this?

Has anyone experienced this problem with their gas tank? HELP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Gas Tank Leakage On '03 Escalade

I have a 02 and I don't have that problem. But I have water drips down from my suv because of the air condition. Are you sure that it's water not gas?

tcca96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Definitely gas leak. Fire dept. had to come out along with haz-mat. team!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have not heard of any problems with the tanks

soljah is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

sorry to hear about the mishap. have you contacted your insurance with this problem??

g00dy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had a gas tank punchered on a Mercury once. Used bubble gum to seal the leak until I could get home. Your auto parts store should have a patch kit for your gas tank. DONT use a light that plugs in to look at it. Use only a flashlight If the dripping gas hits the bulb of a drop light it might explode. Foreign object damage is not covered by your warrenty. I agree with you. An off road vehicle should have a skid plate protecting your oil pan and gas tank. I guess they were not built for off roading, but for snow, mud, and pulling the boats out of the water.

chant74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 03 esv, and take it off the road frequently when pulling my boat and jetski, and sometimes the going gets a bit rough, but haven't had that problem. And to my understanding you wolud need a pretty big hit or a lot of force to puncture the gas tank due to the maleability of the gas tanks metals. Colud it have been done to you on purpose?

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes you can buy Gas tank patches at any automotive store. Its easy to work with too.

2Clown2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I took my '94 Deville down some long gravel roads, and now remember thumping over a large (lawn mower size) rock. After having my mechanis drop the tank and replace the fuel sending unit seal, we noticed the tiny hairline leak towards the front of the car. My mechanic said if buy the plastic "FUEL TANK Repair Kit", that they wouldn't charge much to put it on. It's made by VersaChem. O'Rieleys has it.
    Hope this helps your situation.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

wow. that sucks. i'd talk to your insurance company.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.