Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Throttle Body Cleaning

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jnrsesv 
#1 · (Edited)
I know there's a nice archived thread about cleaning the throttle body but the instructions seem to be significantly different for the escalade. So I know where the throttle body is on my truck, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the large part that I believe is connected to the air intake. I'm sure it's easy but I don't know what I'm doing. Any tips? I think this is the only piece I need to get out of the way before the throttle body is accessible to clean. Thanks fellas

#2 ·
I just cleaned mine 2 weeks ago. I removed the cold air intake tube from the air box and also from TB. I used the red can of TB cleaner from AutoZone. Mine was pretty filthy, I followed the instructions on the can and it came pretty clean. I think I should really remove TB and do a more thorough job. I used the whole can, the truck ran pretty rough for a couple of miles but the evened out, I will say it ran rough enough to make me think I screwed something up, but as mentioned the motor evened out.

I cannot really say I noticed ant real performance nor mileage difference. I wanted to get it clean before replacing my spark plugs and wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.