Buying tips & suggestions for '00 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Buying tips & suggestions for '00 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, We are in search of a '00 Escalade and would like some advice, suggestions and tips about this vehicle ...
    Partiers_com is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Buying tips & suggestions for '00 Escalade

Hi,

We are in search of a '00 Escalade and would like some advice, suggestions and tips about this vehicle to help with our search. What's the likes and dislikes of the 2000 model year? What should we watch out for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

del2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Buying tips & suggestions for '00 Escalade

I have a 2000 Cadillac Escalde and never had a problem with it. The black plastic on the step on and the rear bumper cracks, but I had the dealership replace it. Other than that I never had any mechanical problem. I would suggest the tailgate rather than the split door. Overall I enjoy the vehicle, smooth for a large SUV.

DeL2

:coolgleam

Here's my Escalade:
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/487038

DeL2, your ride looks really good!

Ok, we're sold on the 1999 and 2000 body style of the Escalade so would we be better off purchasing a 2000 instead of a 1999 because some small improvements were made or would we be okay purchasing a nice 1999 because they're real similiar and the 2000 isn't much different? Is the 2000 mechanically better than the 1999?

Thanks.

del2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The only problem I had recently was it wouldn't start because I didn't fill up my Anitfreeze reserve tank, dummy me forgot to check my fluids so the Lade sensor went on the Check Guage on the cluster and this prevents you from starting your vehicle. Once I threw in some Antifreeze in the the reserve it fired right up. Other than that I didn't have any mechanical problems with my Lade. Currently has 32K on it.

I will be replacing my K&N replacement filter with a K&N FIPK for more power and in the near future replace the exhaust with ceramic. But that will be my final mod to the Lade. I truly enjoy my 2000 Lade, it's so comfortable for such a large vehicle, I know for sure you'll love it. Have you test drive one yet.

As for the difference in the 99 - 00 model, well there wasn't much. The only difference was the option of split door versus tailgate. Maybe the dealer would have more answers if there were any changes to the engine/trans, maybe tweak for better performance. Good Luck on your purchase.

DeL2

:coolgleam

99 SKALAID is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the 99 and the 2000 are 100% identical, the only option available for the 2000 not available in 1999 was the sunroof option... very rare

Ok, we're finally going to look at a '99 Escalade with about 64K. How much do you suppose we can expect to pay for one that is in good to excellent condition? Thanks.

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

The only thing I wished that my '00 had was better brakes. I ended up getting some cross drilled rotors on e-Bay, some EBC 6000 series pads, and steel braided brake lines. The shop that installed them also adjusted the rear shoes. The results were much improved brakes with a lot better feel on the brake pedal. Overall, I'm pleased. Can't find a more comfortable ride.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.