2002 Console lid on 2003
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2002 Console lid on 2003 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I've had my EXT for 2 weeks now, upgrading from a 2002 Avalanche. For the most part I am happy ...
    Bear is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT

Question 2002 Console lid on 2003

I've had my EXT for 2 weeks now, upgrading from a 2002 Avalanche. For the most part I am happy with this truck, but some minor things seem to say "we needed to save a buck". First, the Av had a hood lamp, none is present on the EXT. This is not a big deal, I have always carried a flashlight but how much of a savings was this. The next thing was a lack of a cabin filtering system, again standard on the Av. Following that is the lack of simple storage items in the center console cover, which BTW locked on the Av. The Avalanche had places in the lid for a pen, pocket tissue holder, a place for insurance and reg documents, etc.

Looking around, it appears that the 2002 EXT was equiped with a double open console lid, providing this extra storage area. My question is this, can the 2002 lid be used on a 2003 console?

Cheers,
    Bear

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2002 Console lid on 2003

The under hood light kills me on a 60k SUV no under hood light

Yea, Putz is at it again... Considering the Av was less than 40K, with the exception of the cabin air filter it would not have cost more than $200 to include the other features. Even with the filter, maybe $500 (I doubt it would even be that much).

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I went to buy carbon cabin filters, they told me there was no listing, and upon inspection there of course is no cabin filter.

Well, since it appears no one knows does anyone know the part number for the shale version and where I might be able to order it online? I'll order one and let others know.

Bear

Sycosis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wait a minute. Are you telling me the 02 escalades had a cabin air filter system and the 03's don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Sycosis
    Wait a minute. Are you telling me the 02 escalades had a cabin air filter system and the 03's don't?
    Yea I remember reading they had done this on the Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban, etc in an effort to step back from the features. Add to that the hood lamp....

I ordered the console, $260, just a little pricey for a console lid. If it fits/works I will post the part number(s).

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

02's also have a better looking exhaust tip....03' and 04's just have an ordinary exhaust pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    02's also have a better looking exhaust tip....03' and 04's just have an ordinary exhaust pipe.
    And of course you can't order just the tip, I tried. Found another one today, the lights on the visor vanity mirrors are just on or off. The 02 had a slider so you could lower the light level. Even so, I still love this truck, such an improvement over the Avalanche. (I hope I don't sound bitter!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    And of course you can't order just the tip, I tried. Found another one today, the lights on the visor vanity mirrors are just on or off. The 02 had a slider so you could lower the light level. Even so, I still love this truck, such an improvement over the Avalanche. (I hope I don't sound bitter!)

You don't sound bitter, it's just that we must accept the 02' Escalade as a better Escalade

2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    You don't sound bitter, it's just that we must accept the 02' Escalade as a better Escalade

2002 Escalade
    Humm, humm, wait, wait... we get HID headlights!!! Yea, that's it!!

true, true. :coolgleam

Ok, so the part came in... For $260 all you get is the standard 2003 lid (even thought the parts catalog showed the 2002 parts. A call to the head office and the return of the correct part numbers came with a new price... $685, for a cover...Now I see why the cut this out for 2003. My next action is to start looking in junkyards.

Unless someone with a 2002 tan Escalade wants to ship me theirs!!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Humm, humm, wait, wait... we get HID headlights!!! Yea, that's it!!
    And to me, believe it or not... this makes up for all the others, maybe twice over. No 50 plus thousand dollar vehicle should be without these.

Billy94Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2002 has an under hood light

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.