Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What kind of headlights do 2002 escalades have?

14K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  skides1 
#1 ·
What kind of headlights do 2002 escalades have? Halogen, Xenon, HID? I 'm not sure. The fog lights are halogen correct?

#7 ·
The fogs I retro fitted some H1 HID's to fit the stock lenses, I would not try it, I spent a long time doing it. The high beams are easy, you need to purchase a 9005 HID kit, or 2 ballasts and 2 9005 HID bulbs, you can do this for under $500, keep your eyes open on E-Bay or several different car Forums for people selling these kits cheap.

#11 ·
What others? There are different 9000 series bulbs, like 9004's are for cars with one headlight, this type bulb has dual filaments, many Jeep products use this bulb. Most GM cars use 9005's for high beams and 9006's for low beams, these bulbs are available in many different wattages (although many high wattage bulbs are "for off road use only") and require a heavy duty light harness due to the higher wattage required to run them. There are also different gases used in the bulbs themselves that cause the light output to be differents shades of color to get the whitest light, this caused some bulbs to be real blue or yellow in color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.