Performance Upgrades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Performance Upgrades in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello Everyone, Just when I thought I had everything figured out! ...... I'd like to install an air intake system. ...
    jamrock is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Performance Upgrades

Hello Everyone,

Just when I thought I had everything figured out! ......
    I'd like to install an air intake system. I hear that K&N are the best, but the people that have them aren't using them for the Escalade, so I figured I'd get some direction from the Caddy Forum. The one's that I've found, such as Air Raid, Volant, AEM, TrueFlow, K&N, and some others all promise similar results, but I'm not sure, I simply want the best.

One,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Performance Upgrades

I had K&N's FIPK's on my Grand Cherokee's and Suburban's, I went with Volant on my Escalade and I am very happy, I would buy this again, in my opinion it was built better than my K&N FIPK's that I have owned before. I also have the Corsa Touring with the Preditor programer, the three mods work very nice together.

S4Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Could you post a link where to get Volant Intake? Thanks

jcmendo01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Lightbulb Re: Performance Upgrades

I strongly suggest you get the AEM intake...That's what I have. Before that, I had a Volant intake and K&N. Both of those do not compare to the AEM Brute Force Intake System. At first I was skeptical in getting AEM, but a trip to the AEM headquarters convinced me. A majority of the employees as well as the Drag racers have escalades of their own with the AEM Brute Force Intake system. They love it, and so do I.

jcmendo01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

WHere did you ge the Corsa programmer

I got the Corsa direct from Corsa (they made me a deal I can not turn down ) The Preditor programmer and the Volant came from T Byrne, their web site is http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/

cheyne is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamrock
    Hello Everyone,

Just when I thought I had everything figured out! ......
    I'd like to install an air intake system. I hear that K&N are the best, but the people that have them aren't using them for the Escalade, so I figured I'd get some direction from the Caddy Forum. The one's that I've found, such as Air Raid, Volant, AEM, TrueFlow, K&N, and some others all promise similar results, but I'm not sure, I simply want the best.

One,
    This is a common worry in the performance aftermarket so you're not alone but hopefully this will help. ALL the companies you listed above have almost identical systems and if one claims a greater amount of horsepower outside the norm then they screwed with the dyno settings during testing! They all work exactly the same way and if you put them side by side they even look alike. The reason for this is that in this industry everyone copies everyone else! Very few innovators and many, many imitators! Despite this, whatever system you go with you will see power gains of a relatively similar nature so fear not. I like the bigger companies due to their larger budget and r&d money personally but maybe thats b/c its who I distribute for (K&N) who knows!

Shane Jones

frowood is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cheyne,

When is K&N going to have the FIPK available for the 04 ESV. I called them last week and they said they are working on it.

Thanks!

frowood

del2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just bought a K&N air filter, will that increase horspower, or do I have to buy a kit to modify the air filter housing for better performance?

Del

:coolgleam

The K&N fliter will flow much better than a stock paper filter, and a K&N FIPK or Volant will flow much better than that. You may not notice much difference with just switching the filter

del2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've installed the K&N replacement filter and I felt the change immediately, it has more power by just pushing on the accelerator, never had that kind of feeling before. It used to be sluggish on pick up, but now it feels smoother and faster. Let me see in a week on mpg, I'll let you know. I went to the K&N site and was looking for the FIPK and couldn't find one for my year model - 2000. I'll send an e-mail and see if they made one similiar to the escalade of that model such as Yukons or Denali.

Del

Quote Originally Posted by frowood
    Cheyne,

When is K&N going to have the FIPK available for the 04 ESV. I called them last week and they said they are working on it.

Thanks!

frowood
    I just installed a K&N FIPK on the EXT 2 days ago. They said they are working on it huh??? Thats wierd-(maybe it was an '03 I did it on). I sell mainly to dealerships and they bought a bunch and as far as I know they have been installing them on a few of their own 04's with no difficulty whatsoever. What is the main difference between the two motors(03 and 04)? Did the intake routing/hoses/maf change position or something along those lines?

Billy94Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can you see K&N to us at your cost? or at a much reduced price?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy94Z
    Can you see K&N to us at your cost? or at a much reduced price?
    yeah no probelm.

R&D
    R&D is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: Performance Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by del2
    I've installed the K&N replacement filter and I felt the change immediately, it has more power by just pushing on the accelerator, never had that kind of feeling before. It used to be sluggish on pick up, but now it feels smoother and faster. Let me see in a week on mpg, I'll let you know. I went to the K&N site and was looking for the FIPK and couldn't find one for my year model - 2000. I'll send an e-mail and see if they made one similiar to the escalade of that model such as Yukons or Denali.

Del
    Hi Del,

Have you finished your mpg check? I'm curious to know what you came up with. Oh, and what year is your Escalade?

Thanks.

Roland

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.