Cadillac Owners Forum banner
13K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  caddydaddy 
#1 ·
Are there aftermarket kits out there to keep odors, dust, and pollen from coming inside the vehicle? I know that on the WJ (99-04) Jeep Grand Cherokees, you can get the filter that fits over the air intake where the front wipers sit.

I know now the 02s has one. Have anyone try to make that fit with the newer models? Even my $25K Buick Terraza minivan has one!!!

Thanks.

#7 ·
hcvone said:
My 03' has no filter, and no place for it :( , 02's were the last year, unless someone made a kit for them.
+1 That doesn't stop the quickie oil change people from offering to change it every time I have my oil changed there. I love it when they bring in my dirty cabin air filter to show me how badly it needs to be changed. :bigroll:

IIRC the last year for the cabin filter was 2002.

#9 ·
i wouldnt trust those people. I took my truck into Jiffy Lube and the manager had a Deville on 20's. So we got to talking and he gave me a discount and they checked my fuel filter for me since i just crossed 50K, adn it was filthy. Moral of story, make friends with Cadillac owners that work at Jiffy Lubes!! then you will get taken care of!

#10 ·
Part Number:24814UPC Number:765809248144Principal Application:Cadillac Escalade (03-06), GM Trucks + SUV Models (03-05), Hummer H2 (03-05) thats a wix part number and the application, go to wixfilters.com and see the location of the cabin air filter. I don't post unless i know what im talking about, and seeing that i have an auto parts store and repair shop, i got good info. Hope that helps you guys out

#11 ·
Looking into the WIX website, I found out the location of the cabin air filter is behind the glovebox. Does the 02s have cabin air filter in that location? I thought it should be easily accessible.

Looking at my truck, how in the world would you able to put a filter behind the glovebox? The huge black plastic ducting is in the way and I guess you have to take that off to access the filter location.

#12 ·
thats where all cabin air filters are, in the duct work for a/c & heat, thats where it filters in. In VW cars and ford taurus's they are in the cow, some are behidn the glove box. They aren't always that big, i know on my dads 02 seville it is a 3 piece one, it's three rectangular strips basically

#14 ·
Has anyone tried to take that ducting apart under the glovebox? I don't know exactly how the ducting is put together under the passenger side dash.

It would be interesting to find if there a place to put the cabin air filter. I don't suppose it is a easy job unlike in my GM minivan where it has the filter door accessible in the glove box.

Thanks.

#20 ·
you are actually right, Starting in 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, there is no longer a cavity for the filter. The GM parts catalog indicates there is a replacement filter available; however, there is no provision for it.

#21 ·
NutzAboutBolts said:
you are actually right, Starting in 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, there is no longer a cavity for the filter. The GM parts catalog indicates there is a replacement filter available; however, there is no provision for it.
The place is still there gm just blocked the hole so we can't easily add it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.