Lost business because of my car... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Lost business because of my car... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Man f... what people think. So tired of people trying to put other people in a box. If everybody dressed ...
    rcgait1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Lost business because of my car...

Man f... what people think. So tired of people trying to put other people in a box. If everybody dressed and looked the same what a boring world this would be. Next topic!!

CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold)

im going to school to be in the real estate field and my cousin told me that i should get another car like a 4dr sedan and leave it bone stock, right now i have a 03 escalade w/22's and he said a lot of people will judge you by what you drive and a car w/rims doesnt have the 'grown man' look.

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I get the same thing that CaddyKidd gets. I am young also and so people assume one of two things...either somebody died and left me a bunch of money that i just blew on a vehicle or i am selling drugs.

Different things appeal to different people.

I also agree with DLE. It would be different if you pulled up in an Escalade that was lowered with a crazy paint job and the speakers bumping. But if it is a "clean" looking vehicle with nice wheels to set it off...there SHOULDNT be anything wrong with that.

I think it might stem from a little bit of jealousy. Or it might be that they think since you drive that kind of vehicle...you are in the business of ripping people off and taking them for everything you can get.

just my humble opinion.

EXTadic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Ext (sable black) and 1966 chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by vietfob714
    So I drive an 05 EXT on 24s... and someone called me and told me the car I drive is unprofessional and they wouldnt let me sell their house. Is that rediculous or is it just me? What does my car have anything to do with my professionalism... I'm always in slacks and a dress shirt and very courteous to all my customers. Anybody else have this problem? In a way I'm kinda glad i'm not selling their house because if they are this anal now... imagine after i start working for them. So mad!!!!
    I'm in sales,and any good salesman knows that you should try to be everything to your customers. If a certain image is required to make the most dollars per hour then do that. You can be "youself" all the way to the bank.

LorisEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Doesn't seem right

hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

To be honest, the Escalade is more for small business owner, actors, that people work for themself. If I were in real estate business, i'd drive bmw and MB.

Sinisterj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

When my company bought my escalade they told me I had to lose the 24's to create a more professional look... so i got some less flashy looking 22's and they were fine with that!

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

This is a interesting topic but I think the image is changing I see alot of old people with rims on their rides now. I can see to some it might be intimidating but to me if I was selling my crib and you rolled up in a Escalade on dubs, I would be happy, cause I know this guy will work hard for me to keep those rims on his ride. It show me that your successful in what you do and that your damn good 2.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

If I were selling real estate to the general public, I wouldn't show up in an Escalade, or any truck for that matter, with 24 inch rims.. I also wouldn't show up with rings on every finger, big, thick gold chains and a rolex. I'd rather they felt comfortable with me as a down-to-earth person just like them.

But that's just me...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

DLE
    DLE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT

If I was selling MY crib and you rolled up on an Escalade on dubs, i'd ask you nicely if I can take it for a spin.

I think anyone here who refers to a "crib" as their home would be delighted to have a real estate agent with 45 inch rims. However, those who only know of a crib being something you put a baby in would feel otherwise.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by DLE
    If I was selling MY crib and you rolled up on an Escalade on dubs, i'd ask you nicely if I can take it for a spin.
    See that's what I'm talking about. No need to hate, demonstrate. lol

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Cant wait to see if they will make 45" wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs02caddyext
    Cant wait to see if they will make 45" wheels.
    Somebody probably has a set already...

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    I think anyone here who refers to a "crib" as their home would be delighted to have a real estate agent with 45 inch rims. However, those who only know of a crib being something you put a baby in would feel otherwise.
    Just because someone drives a Escalade or uses words like crib to describe a house doesn't mean that they are not successful in their career and I think it shows more personality and a innovative way of thinking than the same old good ol boys club philosophy. I know it's intimidating to some but adding personality and describe it as unprofessional is a little prejudice I think. Also just having a little fun on the forum thats all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.