Door panel Removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Door panel Removal in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i Just got a 2003 Ext the front speakers seem to go on and off when i go over a ...
    jreXt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Door panel Removal

i Just got a 2003 Ext the front speakers seem to go on and off when i go over a bump im thinking the speaker wire is loose is the driver side door panel something can do my self or is it something i should go to the dealer to get done

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T-Dizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade EXT 'V', 2006 CTS Sport

Re: Door panel Removal

Quote Originally Posted by jreXt
    i Just got a 2003 Ext the front speakers seem to go on and off when i go over a bump im thinking the speaker wire is loose is the driver side door panel something can do my self or is it something i should go to the dealer to get done
    Two screws hold on the door panel. One under the armrest, and the other one is hidden behind the manual door lock switch. Pop it off with a flathead (careful not to cut the leather) and you'll see the screw. Once both screws are out, just slide the door panel upwards. It is 'hooked' in place by 3 or 4 plastic hangers.

- Tony

drdiesel is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You'll also need to remove the triangle plastic cover that is right above the door panel. It just pulls stright out, with a little force. Then the door panel will lift straight up and out. You'll notice four or five mounting tabs at the bottom of the panel, just set thoes back into the door and let the panel sit there. The speaker clips into the door. Just unclip the speaker and fix your problem.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

get some Dynamat in there while you have that panel off

its totally easy, way easier panel to remove than my Vs

Thanks for the help fellas got it done found out these are not bose speakers their cheap 20.00 sound logics gonna replace them with jl audio xr650 and the back xr525 anyone have these speakers

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Thanks for the help fellas got it done found out these are not bose speakers their cheap 20.00 sound logics gonna replace them with jl audio xr650 and the back xr525 anyone have these speakers
    I don't suggest JL Audio. I suggest Treo. A company that is far superior to JL Audio in my opinon. It will cost you a little bit more, but I think it is worth it. Good luck and let us know what you do. Post some pictures of your EXT when you get a chance. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

Thanks.

ok another problem i noticed with these cheap speakers i have to move the wires around for the speaker to work and when i drove and went over a bump speaker would go out so i thought it was a loose wire i bought jl zrs 6.5s and cut wire re did everything and jls dont work at all could it be bad speaker wire any one know

Blacklac02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok another problem i noticed with these cheap speakers i have to move the wires around for the speaker to work and when i drove and went over a bump speaker would go out so i thought it was a loose wire i bought jl zrs 6.5s and cut wire re did everything and jls dont work at all could it be bad speaker wire any one know

Sounds like the problem to me, but I'm no expert. I would have assumed the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklac02
    Sounds like the problem to me, but I'm no expert. I would have assumed the same thing.
    yea i know it doesnt make sense i guess i try one more time if not ill take it to an audio shop

Barry ORegan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Will this door panel procedure work with 2002 Escalades?

superdips is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Barry ORegan View Post
    Will this door panel procedure work with 2002 Escalades?
    Im wondering the same thing...anyone know???

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Theres one 10mm screw behind the panel where the door open handle is, 2 X 7mm screws one where by the grab handle, the other hiding under the door lock-power window switches panel. Then the complete panel slides up to remove.

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Super easy to remove the door panel. Took less than 5 min.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Don't forget to remove the black trim peace at the mirror before trying to pull at the panel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.