Third Brake Light Replacement - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Third Brake Light Replacement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I guess it's your lamp and you can do what you want.. Most home repairs the lens falls off after ...
    Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

Re: Third Brake Light Replacement

I guess it's your lamp and you can do what you want..

Most home repairs the lens falls off after a couple of trips thru the car wash. Then you are back at square one with no core.

I'll let the quality of Chinese LED circuit boards speak for themselves.

Oh well..I did attach a picture of a box of lamps with attempted repairs we have. All scrap.

www.ledfix.com
    Attached Images

Primetime1267 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade
    My third brake light got ripped off going thru a car wash... My Leds are still great but the tabs broke off and the corner plastic snapped... I wish I could just order a new housing and transfer over my Leds ... Lol. I have gotten used to not having my light on the truck. I wish the newer style brake lights would fit. They are less expensive than our style. Has anyone tried fitting the newer style escalade third brake lights on our models??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Logan.. how much u want for one of ur nice non working lights?? Is it easy to separate to swap over my Leds to ur housing ??

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime1267
    My third brake light got ripped off going thru a car wash... My Leds are still great but the tabs broke off and the corner plastic snapped... I wish I could just order a new housing and transfer over my Leds ... Lol. I have gotten used to not having my light on the truck. I wish the newer style brake lights would fit. They are less expensive than our style. Has anyone tried fitting the newer style escalade third brake lights on our models?? Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    The newer style light is different and has a smaller amount of LEDs

FYI there is a Cadillac owners app for iPhone if you have one(much better)

Thx for the info. Also, I'm on the Droid wagon.

Thx for the info. Also, I'm on the Droid wagon. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Ah I see I have a droid tablet but haven't checked if the owners app is on android yet

Ohh sweeet. Just downloaded the app for Droid. Much nicer than AG.. thx Cadillacman.

Ohh sweeet. Just downloaded the app for Droid. Much nicer than AG.. thx Cadillacman.
    Thanks I am glad to help now to download the app on my droid tablet (I have it on my iPhone and ipad)

altacarp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS, 79 Eldo, 93 Sedan Deville, 2005 Escalade

Try Kwik Plastik from JB Weld and use a similar diameter drinking straws as the pins that might be left use the straws filled with plastik to repair the little pins that snap off when your old lady tears off the third light and the lower section of the garage door. Turns out there isn't very many highmounts out there when trying to find a used one and pretty sure dealer said $600 new? I just cut the straws a little longer so I could cut a short section at the end in half and lay the two strips flat and filled the straw with kwik plastik and covered the flat strips at the base. Before it drys carefully install it on the truck to get the right angle for the pins and let it dry. You can even use this stuff to reattach the clips for the screws. Has not moved through car wash or extreme temps since repaired a couple years ago and was easy to do. The important thing is to use the same type of plastic repair as what your repairing, pretty sure these lights are ABS plastic but the code is somewhere on the lens to be sure.

Weberlade 2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I am going to try this this weekend I already have got blue leds under my headlight and red ones in my rear molding and they seem to be holding up even exposed to the weather so enclosed inside the high mount brake light should be prefect!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.