Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Changing spark plugs in 2005 escalade

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
Is changing the spark plugs in a 2005 escalade a hard job. Pasenger side looks easy but drivers side looks a little tougher..do you get them out from underneath???

any help would be appreciated

#6 ·
I just bought a 2006 Escalade -- I looked inside the engine and you can easily see the 8 cables on either side.
None of that BS with foreign cars with huge black plastic covers hiding all kinds of parts. Everything is out there
and open and nice and clean and easy to see.
The one closet to the passenger compartment looks a little tough simply because there is not much room for
maneuvering but I am sure once you start cranking them out, they are a piece of cake.

Again, I looked in a 2006's engine compartment -- I bet 2005 is literally identical to 2006 so what I am saying applies
to 2005 also I hope.

Thank you

#7 ·
denalipro said:
I just bought a 2006 Escalade -- I looked inside the engine and you can easily see the 8 cables on either side. None of that BS with foreign cars with huge black plastic covers hiding all kinds of parts. Everything is out there and open and nice and clean and easy to see. The one closet to the passenger compartment looks a little tough simply because there is not much room for maneuvering but I am sure once you start cranking them out, they are a piece of cake. Again, I looked in a 2006's engine compartment -- I bet 2005 is literally identical to 2006 so what I am saying applies to 2005 also I hope. Thank you
They are all the same from 02-06

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.