Continuous Front Wheel Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Continuous Front Wheel Problems in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Own a 2003 Escalade and switched to 20 inch rims/wheels within the first month I bot it (for the wife). ...
    fuel007one is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Continuous Front Wheel Problems

Own a 2003 Escalade and switched to 20 inch rims/wheels within the first month I bot it (for the wife). There has been a very slight humming sound coming out of the front left wheel from the onset that occurs usually downhill, 25-35 mph, and on turns.

Dealer has not been able to reproduce the problem each and every time we've taken it in. The problem has never gone away.

1 month ago we had to repack the bearings in the differential and replace them; this on a car with 70,000 miles on it.

With the exception of this problem we have enjoyed the car. Now we are again getting a slight grinding sound coming from somewhere in the drive train. Tomorrow I will begin what promises to be a full frontal assault with Cadillac to include lawyers which is sad since the wheel/differential problem has been the real true problem in a car that I would buy again were they able to fix it but now safety is coming into it which is why I am opening a can of whoopa## starting tomorrow.

If anyone has had a similar experience outside of all the brake/steering rack recalls from Cadillac I would appreciate any information because the repair history on this vehicle is truly extraordinary by any objective standards.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Continuous Front Wheel Problems

Depending on the weight difference between the stock wheels and tires and the ones you put on, that may account for some of your front end problems. There maybe other things like how often the front differential fluid was changed. Did you try putting back on the stock wheels and tires to see if the problem is still there?

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Im sure this is not what you want to hear, but all the lawyers in the world cant help you. I would try taking it to another dealer for another opinion.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee
    Im sure this is not what you want to hear, but all the lawyers in the world cant help you. I would try taking it to another dealer for another opinion.
    Or a good tire shop, maybe even a shop that does a lot of front end work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.