Tires for 24's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Tires for 24's in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I currently have 305/35/24 on my truck. Can I go with a 40 series tire and decrease the width of ...
    genovese45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tires for 24's

I currently have 305/35/24 on my truck. Can I go with a 40 series tire and decrease the width of the tire, like go down to a 295/40/24??? Thanks in advance fellas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tid9 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Tires for 24's

Toyo makes a 285-40-24 that will work on your truck. We did this tire on a 04 escalade with a 2/3 for a customer and had no problems.

FYI, I personally like the way a 315-35-24 looks. That what I try to steer most customers towards. Cooper, nitto, pirelli and general make this size.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by genovese45
    I currently have 305/35/24 on my truck. Can I go with a 40 series tire and decrease the width of the tire, like go down to a 295/40/24??? Thanks in advance fellas.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/295-4...spagenameZWDVW
    295/40/24
    they make them

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

40 is too much. Mine as well drop down to 22 inches.
    When I get 26 inches strong, i'll be rollin 315/30/26. Looks clean!!

v10king is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by tid9
    Toyo makes a 285-35-24 that will work on your truck. We did this tire on a 04 escalade with a 2/3 for a customer and had no problems.

FYI, I personally like the way a 315-35-24 looks. That what I try to steer most customers towards. Cooper, nitto, pirelli and general make this size.
    Which one do you recommend out of the companies who make 315/35/24's? I was looking at pirellis but the cooper's are intresting. I am looking for the best ride possible.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by v10king
    Which one do you recommend out of the companies who make 315/35/24's? I was looking at pirellis but the cooper's are intresting. I am looking for the best ride possible.
    Hankook has the best ride. I prefer Kumho or BFG. BFG's are real beefy for a low profile from the side. And Kumhos are super clean. I have only rolled on those two tires, but Hankook has the best ride ive heard a lot.

In 315-35-24 the nittos look bulky and I haven't had any experience with the generals. I have heard good things from the customers I have sold Coopers too. They are reasonably priced, ride well and look aggresive. Pirellis are another option, but I think they are over priced and I personally don't like they way they are built. If you want a good ride, I think you would be fine with Coopers or Pirellis.

Just checked with distributor and they have some Nankang 295-40-24s for $1335+ freight. Never used a SUV Nankang tire, but that is a smoking price on 24" tires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.