any advice would be helpful
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, any advice would be helpful in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My check tire pressure mes. keeps coming on. I have 24's and have checked my pressure numerous times and it's ...
    yeloboi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

any advice would be helpful

My check tire pressure mes. keeps coming on. I have 24's and have checked my pressure numerous times and it's good. The yello warning light in the dash is on also. I didn't put the sensors on the new wheels by the way...... any help would be apreciated...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

8ball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 Escalade EXT

Re: any advice would be helpful

I think you just answered your own question....you didn't install the sensors in the new wheels. Mine comes on too everytime I start the vehicle, just reset it but I don't get a yellow warning so have no idea why that happens. I would put the sensors in but my wheels came with mounted tires already so I'll just wait till I have to buy tires.

womsterr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is this a trick question?

terrible one is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1976 Eldorado project

lol yeah man it's because you didn't put the sensors in

This isn't a trick quest. I'm aware of the tire monitor message. I've had my 24's for about 8 months and that comes on when you first start the truck but about a week ago the check tire pres. message came on, also the dash indicator light comes on. Does this happen to everyone? I can turn the mes. off with the dic, but the dash indicator is vexing me. I guess i will take it to the dealership and see what they have to say....

Sky High Ent. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was gonna pick up some 24's today. So does this mean , there is some kind of sensor that needs to be transfered to my new wheels?

where exactly are they located?

Thanks

They are located on your stock wheels where you put the air in. look at the valve stem and you will see it.

Sky High Ent. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I don't have the stock wheels on, but I never get a low pressure light, so I just figured they're on already. I'll check it out.

Thanks .

By the way if anyone wants a pair of 22" wheels with near new tires. Let me know. They're pictured below. They have the caddy emblem on them. Look factory.

Thanks

It would be on the after market wheels also. If you get a message on the dic about service tire then you don't have them on.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

The valve stem IS the sensor. You just can't see the part that is inside.
    If you put on some bling you have to transfer the sensors to the new wheels or get used to looking at the light.

Tire Pressure Monitors (TPM) are going to be standard equipment for all carmakers. I think I heard for '06? Anyone?

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There's no way to get the message off without putting the sensors on. You can reset the system and get the indicator light off, but it will come back after awhile. If you want to get it back to where it just has the message on startup,

1. Depress parking brake.
    2. Turn ignition to run (but dont start.)
    3. Turn headlight switch from all the way off to all the way on until your horn sounds (I think it's four times.)
    4. Turn off ignition and start as normal

This should take away the warning light temporarily, but if you want to get rid of the error permanently you have to install the sensors.

Thanks........ That's what i was looking for. I wonder why it takes so long for the in dash warning light to come on?????? Ok so my next Question is with aftermarket wheels do i have to wait until i buy new tires or can they put the sensors on with the wheels i already have?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

You can put the sensors in the wheels.... provided there is clearance inside the wheel for the body of the sensor... and provided the thickness of the metal is correct to allow for proper installation.
    Sometimes the shops leave them out because they won't fit on certain aftermarket wheels.

Years ago they were color coded for each wheel location and strapped onto the inside of the rim. That's on the old C4 Corvettes.
    No programming was needed but tire rotations and changing sensors and installing two orange ones was always a hoot!

I like the programmable ones.
    It's much easier.

hcox10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hi
    how much do you want for the 4 22 inch wheels and tires.
    will they fit a 2000 lade.
    thanks haroldbfrog@comcast.net

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

hey it's joe.. I found your rims on craigslist and forwarded you an email. Guess someone beat me to the punch. LOL* I wanted those tires too.. I didn't realize you were a member of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Ent.
    I don't have the stock wheels on, but I never get a low pressure light, so I just figured they're on already. I'll check it out.

Thanks .

By the way if anyone wants a pair of 22" wheels with near new tires. Let me know. They're pictured below. They have the caddy emblem on them. Look factory.

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.