How to add satellite radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How to add satellite radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I've had Sirius satellite radio in my truck for about a year now. I've always used the built in FM ...
    slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

How to add satellite radio

I've had Sirius satellite radio in my truck for about a year now. I've always used the built in FM transmitter to play it over my radio, and that has worked well. There has always been a certain amount of static and feedback with it and I was wondering it there is a way I can add an adapter to my stereo to give me another input while keeping the CD player. Anyone know of an adapter or have any other ideas?
    ~Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Re: How to connect satellite radio

Steve asked that I move this to the Escalade forum.

My suggestion is a hard-wired FM modulator like this one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VMPLbDr...asp?i=026EFM01

Even though the Delphi Ski-Fi XM receiver I have will broadcast wireless FM, I found that plugging this directly in-line with the antenna gave me better reception. I also use it for my MP3 player, and I'm not disappointed with the quality at all. Don't hate me, I drive an Expedition (but I still love Caddys!).

But maybe some of the Escalade gurus have a solution we don't know about yet. Certainly a direct-connect into the stock head unit would be the best thing going.

Have at it!

Thanks, I'll look into that. The best of both worlds for me would be an adapter that gave me RCA inputs, that way I could switch between my ipod and satellite. The itrip doesn't transmit and static, so for now that is fine.
    ~Steve

loanman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

I just wrote this out for another person on here trying to hook up sirius. You don't have to have a touch screen nav either it will work with the standard head unit as well. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=58888

Thanks, but I don't think that will work on the 2002 Escalade because it doesn't have the XM band. I know about gort's solution, but I'm not giving up my cd changer.
    ~Steve

If You Dont Have Xm It Will Still Show Up Under Aux Button, And You Won't Loose Your Disc Player.

Quote Originally Posted by loanman
    If You Dont Have Xm It Will Still Show Up Under Aux Button, And You Won't Loose Your Disc Player.
    Hmmm I don't have an AUX button on my radio, just FM/AM/Tape/Changer. And IIRC, the 2002 doesn't have the class-2 bus on the radio.

What I should also say is that I'm looking to keep my Xact sirius radio, I'm just looking for a way to add an additional input to my radio, preferably RCA jacks so that I can connect the satellite radio or my ipod.
    ~Steve

Re: How to add satellite radio

try this place.. http://www.logjamelectronics.com/logjam/piegm9aux.html they have a connector for your year of vehicle. I think that you might loose your cd changer if you use an auxiliary port like this but your ipod will hold all 6 of your cds in the changer easily. You also may combine the aux input that they have for your radio with a aux 3 input and it will allow you to switch back and forth between ipod and changer. Sorry... Hope this at least helps!

Re: How to add satellite radio

E-mailed PAC and they got back to me. For the 2002 Escalade you need the AAI-GM9 interface. It adds two auxiliary interfaces to the radio. About $42 on eBay. I just ordered mine, will report back on an install.
    ~Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.