2000 Escalade - HVAC Recirculation actuator
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2000 Escalade - HVAC Recirculation actuator in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My recirculation actuator has been a nagging problem and still isn't working right, as in closing all the way when ...
    MuzicMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

2000 Escalade - HVAC Recirculation actuator

My recirculation actuator has been a nagging problem and still isn't working right, as in closing all the way when activated. It opens normal, but only about 1/2 way closes when activated with the AC.
    I replaced it once with a Dorman unit, worked as it should for a bit and then stopped closing all the way. I figured I got a bad unit from Dorman, and had them send out a replacement only for the new one to do the same thing. When I first replace it, it seems to work fine and then after a short while, it stops closing all the way.

As some of you might now, replacing that bugger is less than pleasant, but I do have it down to a science now. I would like to nip this in the butt and have a functional recirculation door. Could this be a problem with the AC control head and not the actuator? I made sure to not apply power until the unit was fully installed. Nothing seems to be obstructing the door.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Try doing the calibration for the hvac system and see if that fixes the issue

Re: 2000 Escalade - HVAC Recirculation actuator

Ok, I'll give it a shot. How does that work?

On mine I do this
    (Not sure if your truck is different)

Escalade actuator reset after battery replacement/disconnect

Turn engine on Set climate control to “Auto” Adjust driver to 90 degrees and passenger to 60 Run 15 seconds Turn engine off Turn engine on Adjust driver to 60 degrees and passenger to 90 Run 15 seconds Turn engine off Turn engine on Adjust driver to 75 degrees and passenger to 75 * May need to repeat a couple times

Re: 2000 Escalade - HVAC Recirculation actuator

Yeah, 1st gen Escalades don't have Auto Climate control, just a standard HVAC control like the same era Tahoes and Yukons. That procedure won't work for me.

Oh ok then likely it could be the control unit(I forgot the earlier escalades didn't have the auto climate control system)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.