Cadillac Owners Forum banner
892 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tid9 
#1 ·
I know it was discussed before about the prices of 24" and 26" tires coming down. Anyone know when this is suppose to happen? I'm ready to start replacing, but I don't want to find out I paid thousands more on tires from some sense of personal urgency.

#4 ·
I just dont understand how they can increase the prices. Shouldnt prices drop rather than increase as more companies start making them? I mean damn, how much could it cost to produce some rubber, it sure aint worth $1000+ per tire for 26's! Why not stay at a lower price and just completely sweep the market?

#5 ·
Exactly. If their prices were down to something like $600/per tire for 26's... i'm sure everyone on 24's and 22's will quickly swap for 26's, including me. In my case, its not that I don't want to spend 4 g's for tires, but I don't want to have to always be paying $1,000/per tire in case I get flat, they get slashed, or whatever.

#6 ·
Synergetic said:
Exactly. If their prices were down to something like $600/per tire for 26's... i'm sure everyone on 24's and 22's will quickly swap for 26's, including me. In my case, its not that I don't want to spend 4 g's for tires, but I don't want to have to always be paying $1,000/per tire in case I get flat, they get slashed, or whatever.

I agree, the only thing that stopped me from getting 26’s was the price of rubber. Still, people think I’m crazy when I tell them that 24” tires are 2K for a set. 2 inches and 2K more for some 26’s is just too much.

#7 ·
Well guys, from a wholesale perspective, the price of 24" tires has dropped significantly in the last 2 months. Manily b/c of wanli, cooper, general and other brands introducing 24" tires. As far as retail goes, the prices will be dropping pretty soon. Most retailers have to get rid of the old 24" tires they paid $350+ for before they can order more rubber at the current prices. FYI wanli, cooper, kumho and some hankook are going to be your best bets for 24" tires in the next few weeks/months. Current wholesale pricing on 24" rubber is great, so I am thinking retail is going to be about $350/tire or less.

As far as 26" tires, I have heard there will be a big price drop in upcoming months, but none of these tires have hit US tire import wholesale lists yet. I am guessing early 2006 before we see these tires and mid 2006 before 26" tires pricing totally levels off.

Hope this helps guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.