Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My ipod neo installed in my 02 escalade

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  gort 
#1 ·
I just got my iPod neo from www.mp3yourcar.com installed yesterday. Overall it works very nicely! I ran the wire into the glovebox for now, I will run it under the cupholders/ashtray into the console this weekend when I have more daylight time. The installation requires you sacrifice your 6 disc changer, but that isn't a big deal to me considering I never use it. It lets you control the ipod with your steering wheel controls and the head unit, so you can leave the iPod hidden unless you want to manually change playlist/song.

It reads on the headunit as disc 1 track x, so each time you hit next the number just keeps bumping up. This is an awesome kit and the installation was incredibly easy!! I really recommend this to you guys with iPods.

I would post pics but it would essentially show my ipod in my glove box with a white cord attached to the data port.

#5 ·
the neo has a "Y" setup, so both can be used. I foudn that when I connected both, the CD(s) would play simultaneously while the ipod did. Perhaps if you burned a CD full of empty soundless songs it would give you the desired effect until you wanted to listen to a CD. I'm not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.