traction active
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, traction active in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My truck keeps on showing traction active and it slows down everytine that happens. Please help I changed front and ...
    rubio05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

traction active

My truck keeps on showing traction active and it slows down everytine that happens. Please help I changed front and back abs sensors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by rubio05
    My truck keeps on showing traction active and it slows down everytine that happens. Please help I changed front and back abs sensors.
    your going to have to have it scanned to see what the problem is

rubio05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Sorry I forgot to ask. My obd port is not working either any ideas what it could be?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by rubio05
    Sorry I forgot to ask. My obd port is not working either any ideas what it could be?
    Check the power outlets for coins and replace the cigar fuse

bigsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum

Re: traction active

I am having the same issue. I changed my rear brake pads and the Traction control stopped coming on but I am still having the initial slow response then It will take off. The message center will display "service ride control" then the ABS light and the T/C light will come on. If they stay on, the vehicle will perform normally. If they go out, the vehicle will accelerate slow from taking off at a traffic light or a stop in traffic. What in the world could cause this? And why would the idiots at GM allow something like this to happen where it could possibly cause seriuos injury or death in heavy traffic. I have had a t least three occasions where i was narrowly missed by a tractor and trailer. Can someone point me in the right direction a to what to replace or where to look to correct the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsc
    I am having the same issue. I changed my rear brake pads and the Traction control stopped coming on but I am still having the initial slow response then It will take off. The message center will display "service ride control" then the ABS light and the T/C light will come on. If they stay on, the vehicle will perform normally. If they go out, the vehicle will accelerate slow from taking off at a traffic light or a stop in traffic. What in the world could cause this? And why would the idiots at GM allow something like this to happen where it could possibly cause seriuos injury or death in heavy traffic. I have had a t least three occasions where i was narrowly missed by a tractor and trailer. Can someone point me in the right direction a to what to replace or where to look to correct the problem.
    Likely a wheel speed sensor but the codes needs to be pulled to be sure
    I would also check for firmware updates for the ebcm as mine would do random service traction control messages and the system would engage at slow speeds if I am turning onto my road(not fun)
    After I had the ebcm updated it never has done it

dahubby98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext
    I just had the same problem. My traction system disabled, check engine lightbwould come on and my truck wouldn't go past 35 mph. I had to replace the tps and the wiring harness attached to it. It fixed the issue . There was a code that i has also, u think it was P1125. You would need the OBD2 working to get it though

bigsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum

Re: traction active

Thanks Cadillac Man.

Glad to help
    Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.